EasyBook Photo Book
Easy to use photobook-creation software
- Easy to use, free
- Nothing of note
In a crowded market, Pixum EasyBook Photo Book is similar to the software provided by competitors such as Blurb, so we shouldn’t be too effusive. But in terms of ease of use and creative options, it's hard to imagine it being beaten.
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
Pixum sets itself apart from other online photo-printing services with an awesome array of printing format options, and free, easy to use photobook-creation software.
Pixum's EasyBook Photo Book software works with Windows PCs, as well as Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.5, and Linux systems. We tested the Windows version.
You get a choice of four different portrait or landscape formats, ranging from 21x28cm, down to 14x13cm. And you select a variety of cover finishes and bindings. Images are resized to at least 360dpi, to maintain picture quality.
User support is the name of the game — the EasyBook Assistant creates good-looking photobooks with barely any user interaction, grouping pictures by metadata. Select an image folder and your pagination, and the software populates the book. This works well and is a real time-saver.
But it's your photobook, and you want to get creative. EasyBook obliges. Create a photobook sans Assistant and you're presented with a tri-pane window. To the left is a file explorer to locate images, as well as a design selector tab, and pagination and layout controls. The number of potential design options is staggering. The interface is beautifully laid out, and easy to use.
The top pane allows you to select a page to work on and the central window previews your book in all its glory, spread by spread. Adding, moving, rotating and resizing pictures is a case of drag-and-drop, as is inputting text. Options are plentiful, but you can always choose just how much input you want to have.
That's if you have the talent and inclination to go for it. But non-designers need not worry. Even without the Assistant, EasyBook is intuitive beyond compare. You can save your project at any time in the .mcf (Media Container Format) file format, so if you don't print it, you can still save your endeavours and it won't cost a penny — but you won't be able to print it with anyone other than Pixum.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Update to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides lets them automatically save recent files offline
- The speed you need: Pyne and Albanese clash on NBN
- ‘Absolutely not’: No regrets ditching NBN FTTP rollout, says Pyne
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- NBN leaks: Journalist union slams AFP raids
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW