EasyBook Photo Book
Easy to use photobook-creation software
- Easy to use, free
- Nothing of note
In a crowded market, Pixum EasyBook Photo Book is similar to the software provided by competitors such as Blurb, so we shouldn’t be too effusive. But in terms of ease of use and creative options, it's hard to imagine it being beaten.
Pixum sets itself apart from other online photo-printing services with an awesome array of printing format options, and free, easy to use photobook-creation software.
Pixum's EasyBook Photo Book software works with Windows PCs, as well as Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.5, and Linux systems. We tested the Windows version.
You get a choice of four different portrait or landscape formats, ranging from 21x28cm, down to 14x13cm. And you select a variety of cover finishes and bindings. Images are resized to at least 360dpi, to maintain picture quality.
User support is the name of the game — the EasyBook Assistant creates good-looking photobooks with barely any user interaction, grouping pictures by metadata. Select an image folder and your pagination, and the software populates the book. This works well and is a real time-saver.
But it's your photobook, and you want to get creative. EasyBook obliges. Create a photobook sans Assistant and you're presented with a tri-pane window. To the left is a file explorer to locate images, as well as a design selector tab, and pagination and layout controls. The number of potential design options is staggering. The interface is beautifully laid out, and easy to use.
The top pane allows you to select a page to work on and the central window previews your book in all its glory, spread by spread. Adding, moving, rotating and resizing pictures is a case of drag-and-drop, as is inputting text. Options are plentiful, but you can always choose just how much input you want to have.
That's if you have the talent and inclination to go for it. But non-designers need not worry. Even without the Assistant, EasyBook is intuitive beyond compare. You can save your project at any time in the .mcf (Media Container Format) file format, so if you don't print it, you can still save your endeavours and it won't cost a penny — but you won't be able to print it with anyone other than Pixum.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- Hands-on: Paint 3D Preview remixes Paint for the HoloLens generation
- Windows 10's new Paint 3D app drags physical objects into digital worlds
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 161107/ITA/986Asia
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Software DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Program DirectorNSW
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET) 161103/AP/269Asia
- FTUX Designer - more experience will be considered as SeniorAsia