Plantronics .Audio 355 PC headset
The Plantronics .Audio 355 headset can be used for VoIP or voice chatting in online games.
- Cheap, comfortable, good audio for price
- Lots of noise leakage
The Plantronics .Audio 355 headset is cheap, comfortable and doesn't sound terrible. Although the noise leakage from the ear-cups at medium to high volumes may disturb those around you, it's fine for use at home or in gaming cafes.
Price$ 59.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics .Audio 355 PC headset combines a comfortable pair of entry-level headphones that deliver good quality audio with a flexible microphone. You can use it for Internet gaming or VoIP chatting (using Skype, for example). The snug, swivel-mounted ear-cups can move independently, which helps make the headset comfortable.
There is 'pleather' padding on both the ear-cups and the under the headband. The headband is flexible and won't stand up to much direct punishment. If you're not planning to travel with it, however, the headset should be strong enough to withstand general wear and tear.
The microphone is not extendable, but it is quite flexible. This means that you'll be able to adjust it without damaging it. The microphone will stay in position unless it's bumped or you move it.
The Plantronics .Audio 355 headset has a frequency range of 20-20,000Hz and provides good bass, mid-range and treble given its price. However, the lack of seal around the ears means that there is a high degree of noise leakage at medium to high volumes (which may annoy your neighbours at an Internet cafe).
If you're looking for a gaming or VoIP headset that can also play music relatively well, the Plantronics .Audio 355 headset is a good budget option.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
- Sennheiser's new DJ range of headphones
- B&W P5 headphones to become the ultimate luxury accessory
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW