Plantronics GameCom 377 gaming headset
The Plantronics GameCom 377 is a comfortable gaming headset
- Well-built, extendable and flexible microphone, microphone tucks into headband
- Other people will be able to hear what you're listening to at medium and high volumes
The Plantronics GameCom 377 gaming headset is well-built and has a cleverly designed microphone that tucks into the headband. It may be a bad choice if you want to keep what you're listening to private.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics GameCom 377 is a well constructed gaming headset with an over-the-ear design. It is comfortable to wear and includes a noise-cancelling microphone that tucks into the headband, but unfortunately the headphones leak sound.
The Plantronics GameCom 377 headset has the same headband design as the cheaper GameCom 367 and the more expensive Plantronics GameCom 777. It feels well-built and should be comfortable to wear, even for hours at a time.
Like the other GameCom headsets, the Plantronics GameCom 377 has an extendable and flexible noise-cancelling microphone that fits into the headband. Other headsets like the Plantronics .Audio DSP 400 have microphones that stick out on the side, giving them an ungainly appearance when worn.
The microphone works well, but we found that the noise-cancelling failed to completely remove environmental sound. Noise from other people talking was still noticeable, although less so than headsets without noise-cancelling microphones.
The sound quality from the headphones is about average for a headset at this price. We noticed some distortion at high volumes, but the Plantronics GameCom 377 managed to reproduce treble, mid-range and bass accurately.
It has open ear-cups, which means you can hear more sound from your surroundings than with a pair of closed headphones. Unfortunately the Plantronics GameCom 377 headset is not a good choice for quiet environments because anyone in close vicinity will be able to hear what you are listening to.
If you're a gamer looking for a headset that delivers good quality sound and is comfortable to wear, then the Plantronics GameCom 377 headset is definitely worth a look. As long as you don't mind everyone around you getting an earful of the action too.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A third of all PC gamers on Steam use Windows 10
- Film Victoria backs women in gaming with new fellowships
- Nintendo kicks off 2016 with new Zelda release and new 3DS
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- The PS4 is the fastest selling console in Sony’s history
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW