Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset
This chunky Bluetooth headset won't suit everyone, but it provides outstanding audio quality.
- Impressive build quality, great audio quality, boom microphone, comfortable
- Chunky design, multipoint Bluetooth is limited
Its chunky and unappealing design won't suit everyone, but the Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset provides outstanding audio quality.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Plantronics' Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset won't win any awards for its design, but it offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro is one of the larger Bluetooth headsets on the market, so it isn't very discreet when you're wearing it. It has a chunky ear clip and a long microphone that protrudes from its side. Its build quality is impressive and the boom microphone is adjustable, so it's easy to swing away from your cheek when not in use.
Despite being chunky, the Plantronics Voyager Pro is quite comfortable to wear. A silicone ear bud rests firmly against your ear and Plantronics includes small, medium and large tips in the sales package. The Plantronics Voyager Pro only has three buttons, so it's easy to control. A large power button handles answering and ending calls and two volume buttons are located on the top. Just above the power button is a status LED, but its position means it's almost invisible, even when the headset is not being worn.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro provides excellent voice quality. AudioiQ2 noise-cancellation technology combined with the boom microphone aids outgoing audio volume and clarity, and wind noise is effectively nullified. Even driving in a car with the driver's window open doesn't affect outgoing audio quality. The Plantronics Voyager Pro also features impressive noise isolation, with conversations still completely audible on a busy Sydney street with traffic and other background noise.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro features multipoint Bluetooth, so it can connect to two devices simultaneously. Unfortunately it is quite limited: you can't place a call on hold to answer a call on the second device — the first call must be terminated or transferred back to the phone first.
In addition to answering, rejecting and ending calls, the Plantronics Voyager Pro supports call waiting, redialling the last number, and a muting audio.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro's battery life is rated at 5.5 hours talk time and up to 200 hours of standby time. An AC charger is included in the sales package and the headset uses a standard micro-USB connection.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTAGILE Implementation Manager ContractNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Team LeadQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTProject Manager - Financial Forecasting SystemsNSW