Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset
This chunky Bluetooth headset won't suit everyone, but it provides outstanding audio quality.
- Impressive build quality, great audio quality, boom microphone, comfortable
- Chunky design, multipoint Bluetooth is limited
Its chunky and unappealing design won't suit everyone, but the Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset provides outstanding audio quality.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Plantronics' Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset won't win any awards for its design, but it offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro is one of the larger Bluetooth headsets on the market, so it isn't very discreet when you're wearing it. It has a chunky ear clip and a long microphone that protrudes from its side. Its build quality is impressive and the boom microphone is adjustable, so it's easy to swing away from your cheek when not in use.
Despite being chunky, the Plantronics Voyager Pro is quite comfortable to wear. A silicone ear bud rests firmly against your ear and Plantronics includes small, medium and large tips in the sales package. The Plantronics Voyager Pro only has three buttons, so it's easy to control. A large power button handles answering and ending calls and two volume buttons are located on the top. Just above the power button is a status LED, but its position means it's almost invisible, even when the headset is not being worn.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro provides excellent voice quality. AudioiQ2 noise-cancellation technology combined with the boom microphone aids outgoing audio volume and clarity, and wind noise is effectively nullified. Even driving in a car with the driver's window open doesn't affect outgoing audio quality. The Plantronics Voyager Pro also features impressive noise isolation, with conversations still completely audible on a busy Sydney street with traffic and other background noise.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro features multipoint Bluetooth, so it can connect to two devices simultaneously. Unfortunately it is quite limited: you can't place a call on hold to answer a call on the second device — the first call must be terminated or transferred back to the phone first.
In addition to answering, rejecting and ending calls, the Plantronics Voyager Pro supports call waiting, redialling the last number, and a muting audio.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro's battery life is rated at 5.5 hours talk time and up to 200 hours of standby time. An AC charger is included in the sales package and the headset uses a standard micro-USB connection.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
- HTC announces the Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphones
- Report: Samsung's overzealous efforts to beat Apple lead to battery woes
- The iPhone 7's sleeper hit feature is its display
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT