- Great viewing angle, cheap, extremely bright
- Nothing of note
One of the best value for money models we've looked at.
Price$ 497.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 4 stores)
If you've read the very low price at the top of this review and thought to yourself "it just can't be any good if they're giving it away at that price", then we're here to tell you that this monitor is indeed one of the best bargain buys.
For a low price, you get a screen that has both VGA and DVI inputs and one which also has a reasonable 21ms pixel response time and above average contrast and brightness ratings.
Additionally, this screen is manufactured using MVA technology, and we do rate the viewing angle of this monitor highly. There was only a slight colour loss when viewing from greater than 150 degrees. It has a 2cm thick bezel across the top and along the sides of the screen and also requires an external power supply
The brightness level of this monitor was superb in our testing. Likewise, its 800:1 contrast ratio made the screen a pleasure to use for viewing text, images and movies. While its quoted response time (21ms) is slow, it did do well in our motion blur tests. In particular, white text on black and grey backgrounds remained white and did not emit a noticeable trail as it scrolled across the screen, while black text emitted a very short trail and turned slightly grey on white backgrounds.
This screen is rated as being able to display 16.7 million colours and it did not disappoint us in DisplayMate. Banding was not noticeable in the colour blending tests nor in the 256-level colour intensity ramps, which displayed very smooth gradients. Its ability to display low levels of grey on a black background was very good, so dark movies or photographs will not be drowned out by the black.
An inexpensive price tag, coupled with great performance, makes this model a worthwhile pick-up.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
- IFA 2014: Next-gen smartphones from Samsung, Sony, LG, Motorola and more
- Netflix open sources internal threat monitoring tools
- Surface Pro 3 not overheating but needs a software fix, Microsoft says
- Server sales have turned a corner, IDC says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW