Thunderbird to Outlook Express 1.0
It's not often that we give a thumbs-up to a program that's as buggy as Thunderbird to Outlook Express (TBird2OE), but we like this free app.
- Quite buggy
Insects or no, Thunderbird to Outlook Express 1.0 (in conjunction with Outlook Express Eml Importer, better known as OEImporteml.exe) saved us a heap of work getting our email from Thunderbird to Outlook. Did we just say Outlook? Yup, OE was only a way-stop. Outlook won't import Thunderbird files, however, it will import email from Outlook Express. So if you need to migrate email from Thunderbird to Outlook Express or Outlook, get out your flyswatter and download Tbird2OE.
Buy now (Selling at 3 stores)
It's not often that we give a thumbs-up to a program that's as buggy as Thunderbird to Outlook Express (TBird2OE). But we like this free app.
Why? The bugs aren't debilitating and as far as we know, Thunderbird to Outlook Express 1.0 is the only program that will export your Thunderbird email in its entirety to an appropriate folder structure. A program called IMAPSize also exports Thunderbird email, but with that one you must process each .emf folder file individually.
With Tbird2oe all you do (after switching the program to English from its native Czech) is point the program to the Thunderbird email folder (most likely something along the lines of C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\random name\Mail), select an output location, then press start. The program processes all your Thunderbird email and places the resulting individual .eml files in appropriately named folders, albeit very slowly - it took about two hours for our 27,000 emails.
But you wanted to read about the bugs. When we first tried to browse for the input and output locations, only the Program Files folder was listed: we had to reselect the drive from a drop-down menu to see all the existing folders. Also, the browse feature only worked once per session - we had to restart Thunderbird to Outlook Express 1.0 to change the input or output location whenever we made a mistake.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market
- Critical XSS flaws patched in WordPress and popular plug-in
- EU net neutrality legislation under threat from Italian proposals, says rights group
- Molecular flash memory could store massive data
- Google, Rockstar reach deal to settle lawsuit over Nortel patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW