ProjectionDesign Action! Model One MkII
- Good colour depth
- Slight rainbow effect
Expensive, yet worth the money.
Price$ 10,999.00 (AUD)
The price tag of $10,000+ isn't chicken feed, but when you consider that this is the follow-up to a five-star unit that used to retail for a breathtaking $19,999, the value of this mk II will surely have the competition scrambling for red pens to slash prices.
The resolution of the Action! model one mk II is 1280 x 720, thanks to the high-definition, Texas Instruments Mustang HD2+DMD (Digital Micromirror Device) chip.
The projector features a simple-to-use menu system, and component, S-Video and composite inputs accompany the DVI socket (claimed to be HDMI-compatible, presumably with an appropriate adapter). Focusing and zooming are rock steady and smooth, and are a joy to use.
With the mk II, skin tones looked completely natural; rich enough to make an impression while remaining free of any banding whatsoever. Black levels were very good, even in low light, and I was never distracted by the presence of any unwanted light being thrown onto the screen.
At this price, and for image quality this good, the Action! model one mkII deserves to sell very well; I know I was sad to see it leave my lounge room.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPInformation Security OfficerACT
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW