ProjectionDesign Action! Model One MkII
- Good colour depth
- Slight rainbow effect
Expensive, yet worth the money.
Price$ 10,999.00 (AUD)
The price tag of $10,000+ isn't chicken feed, but when you consider that this is the follow-up to a five-star unit that used to retail for a breathtaking $19,999, the value of this mk II will surely have the competition scrambling for red pens to slash prices.
The resolution of the Action! model one mk II is 1280 x 720, thanks to the high-definition, Texas Instruments Mustang HD2+DMD (Digital Micromirror Device) chip.
The projector features a simple-to-use menu system, and component, S-Video and composite inputs accompany the DVI socket (claimed to be HDMI-compatible, presumably with an appropriate adapter). Focusing and zooming are rock steady and smooth, and are a joy to use.
With the mk II, skin tones looked completely natural; rich enough to make an impression while remaining free of any banding whatsoever. Black levels were very good, even in low light, and I was never distracted by the presence of any unwanted light being thrown onto the screen.
At this price, and for image quality this good, the Action! model one mkII deserves to sell very well; I know I was sad to see it leave my lounge room.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook (2015 model)
- 2 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 3 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 4 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 5 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Uber will fight to keep its Boston ride data private
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.