Proporta Echo iPhone screen protector
- When the iPhone is turned off it turns the screen into a mirror, easy to apply, can easily be peeled off without leaving any marks behind
- The screen appears a little duller than usual
We've never really seen the need for screen protectors as they get just as blurry and fingerprint splattered as an unprotected screen and so require just as much wiping. And because the iPhone's screen is made of glass (rather like Beckham's manager Ruud Gullit's knees) there is little chance of scratching it unless you clumsily run your diamond ring across it (careful, Posh!). However, the Echo's secondary function as a mirror does give it a handy twist if you require a mirror with you at all times. And even Becks can afford the $9.95 cost.
Price$ 9.95 (AUD)
David Beckham was one of the first iPod celebrities and it's a fair bet that the Los Angeles Apple Store rushed an iPhone to his swanky villa, so Proporta's new iPhone screen protector should catch his attention.
The Echo is a washable mirror-screen protector that turns the iPhone into a mirror when the display backlight is off. When turned on the screen is a little duller than usual (which will put off some) but protected from scratches, etc.
It's a neat idea that might appeal to those people who apply make up on the bus, the extremely vain, or nosy parkers who want to catch what's going on behind them. It would also be extremely useful for heliographers.
Observers of youth antics have noted seeing mobile users use their phone's camera to take a picture of their face so that they can then get their hair straight or apply more mascara. With Proporta's Echo there's no need to even turn your phone on for the same effect.
The screen protector is easy to apply, and Proporta has helpfully included a screen cleaning cloth and a plastic applicator. It peels off with no ill effects to the phone, and can also be easily wiped clean.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- CCProject LeadNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1 Support)NSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW