Pyramat S2000 Sound Rocker
- Excellent audio, Impressive bass, immersive game play, comfortable, sturdy, compatible with wide range of devices.
- Can only be used on the floor, not suitable for PC gamers.
If you are looking for an exciting gaming experience or the ideal gift for a gaming teen, the Pyramat S2000 definitely fits the bill.
Price$ 249.95 (AUD)
Some people don't realise that audio is just as important as visuals when playing video games. Clear audio and realistic bass can envelope a player and draw them into the game world. Playing with television speakers may be enough for the average player, but hardcore gamers will crave something more. The Pyramat Rocker is one such alternative, offering a comfortable gaming seat complete with built in speakers and a sub-woofer.
We reviewed the PM 550 and loved it but at the same time had issue with its design since very few gamers lie down to play their games. When we heard that Pyramat were coming out with a new rocking chair design we were understandably excited. The S2000 delivers excellent sound through the two rear mounted 12 watt ARX speakers. Every step, bullet, raindrop or distant battle is clearly audible. At the same time, the 5.5 inch 30 watt sub-woofer offers rich, distortion-free bass coupled with interactive vibration. The level of interaction is far superior to the PM 550 making this product much more fun to use.
Once again we played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the intensity of combat was unbelievable. The level we played was the ironically named Dry Dock. Set in a storm battered shipyard at night, rain constantly pours from the sky hitting the ground, metal boxes and shipping containers. We could actually hear the rain hitting different surfaces as we attempted to wipe out the enemy and stay alive.
We also played some Saint's Row to get a feel for audio of a less intimate nature. Since it is a free-roaming, open world, it was an excellent test of the abilities of the Rocker, since so much is going on at once on the streets of Stillwater. Driving cars was especially fun, as the roar of the engine coupled with the vibrations of the sub-woofer made it a far more tactile and realistic experience.
While the S2000 is obviously targeted at gamers, it has other applications as well. It can be used with any device that outputs sound via either RCA audio (red and white plugs) or a regular 3.5mm stereo jack. This means that you can use it with pretty much any games console including the Nintendo DS and PSP. You can also plug in your iPod or DVD player and experience music or watch movies in a whole new way.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Pyramat S2000 sound Rocker. We liked its versatility and in particular, had a load of fun playing games on it. Our only complaint is that while the Rocker is comfortable and extremely sturdy, we still couldn't help but wish it wasn't on the floor. We would love to see Pyramat come out with a similar product that can be affixed to a couch or regular computer chair so gamers (including PC gamers) can get in on the action. Still, this is a great device that teens, kids and gamers everywhere are going to love. It makes gaming much more exciting and doesn't cost the earth to enjoy.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD