Pyramat S2000 Sound Rocker
- Excellent audio, Impressive bass, immersive game play, comfortable, sturdy, compatible with wide range of devices.
- Can only be used on the floor, not suitable for PC gamers.
If you are looking for an exciting gaming experience or the ideal gift for a gaming teen, the Pyramat S2000 definitely fits the bill.
Price$ 249.95 (AUD)
Some people don't realise that audio is just as important as visuals when playing video games. Clear audio and realistic bass can envelope a player and draw them into the game world. Playing with television speakers may be enough for the average player, but hardcore gamers will crave something more. The Pyramat Rocker is one such alternative, offering a comfortable gaming seat complete with built in speakers and a sub-woofer.
We reviewed the PM 550 and loved it but at the same time had issue with its design since very few gamers lie down to play their games. When we heard that Pyramat were coming out with a new rocking chair design we were understandably excited. The S2000 delivers excellent sound through the two rear mounted 12 watt ARX speakers. Every step, bullet, raindrop or distant battle is clearly audible. At the same time, the 5.5 inch 30 watt sub-woofer offers rich, distortion-free bass coupled with interactive vibration. The level of interaction is far superior to the PM 550 making this product much more fun to use.
Once again we played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the intensity of combat was unbelievable. The level we played was the ironically named Dry Dock. Set in a storm battered shipyard at night, rain constantly pours from the sky hitting the ground, metal boxes and shipping containers. We could actually hear the rain hitting different surfaces as we attempted to wipe out the enemy and stay alive.
We also played some Saint's Row to get a feel for audio of a less intimate nature. Since it is a free-roaming, open world, it was an excellent test of the abilities of the Rocker, since so much is going on at once on the streets of Stillwater. Driving cars was especially fun, as the roar of the engine coupled with the vibrations of the sub-woofer made it a far more tactile and realistic experience.
While the S2000 is obviously targeted at gamers, it has other applications as well. It can be used with any device that outputs sound via either RCA audio (red and white plugs) or a regular 3.5mm stereo jack. This means that you can use it with pretty much any games console including the Nintendo DS and PSP. You can also plug in your iPod or DVD player and experience music or watch movies in a whole new way.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Pyramat S2000 sound Rocker. We liked its versatility and in particular, had a load of fun playing games on it. Our only complaint is that while the Rocker is comfortable and extremely sturdy, we still couldn't help but wish it wasn't on the floor. We would love to see Pyramat come out with a similar product that can be affixed to a couch or regular computer chair so gamers (including PC gamers) can get in on the action. Still, this is a great device that teens, kids and gamers everywhere are going to love. It makes gaming much more exciting and doesn't cost the earth to enjoy.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Saints Row II is free on GOG, but not for long
- The original StarCraft and its beloved Brood War expansion are now free
- Xbox One Insiders get first crack at player-organized tournaments
- Meet the new Microsoft Edge: 5 key improvements with the Creators Update
- Microsoft will unveil Project Scorpio, the next Xbox, at E3
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD