Hungry! Shoplist 1.2.10 for Android
Hungry is a grocery-shopping app for Android phones
- Free, easy to use
- Needs a bit more work
Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
I'll cop to it: I'm not good at grocery shopping. So I was definitely interested in trying out Hungry, an app designed to ease the pain of shopping trips by making colour-coordinated lists that are easy to share.
The first thing to know about this app is that its default setting requires the user to turn the phone to landscape mode in order to get a tab to add grocery items (though you can, of course, change that in the settings). The portrait setting displays an alphabetical-order tab populated with example items (my favourite being 'Mini Meatbags'), as well as a tab to organise items by colour (with each colour being assigned to a food group, such as red for 'Biscuits and Bread' or light blue for 'Carbonated Drinks'). A long tap here allows you to edit the categories that each colour represents.
You also get a shopping cart tab, which shows what items you have on your shopping list. The number of items in the list displays in the upper-right corner. Options in the settings allow you to prevent the app from sleeping when you're using the cart tab (nice one, guys), a top-list tab that shows your most purchased items, and a history tab that lists items from the last time you purchased them. Once you're in the shopping-cart tab, you can remove items from your list by tapping them as you buy them.
Hungry makes sharing your lists easy: You can import or export them via a MicroSD card, e-mail them, or send them in a text message. The app also has an undo tab, which is useful.
Hungry's developers have said that they're working on expanding the features of the app, including item numbering, item pricing, and unit support (cups, grams, kilos, etc); they're also planning features such as multiple lists and setting multiple categories. Users have noted that they would also benefit from the addition of dates, as well as links to a recipe database of some sort. Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
- Not too late to change NBN’s direction, NBN Co’s first CEO says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW