A nice review : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvkSXnwCKo :)
Razer Ferox portable speakers
Razer Ferox review: A portable speaker set aimed at portable gaming systems like the DS and the PSP
- Compact, rechargeable power source, decent sound for the size
- Bass response is weak, really only appropriate for portable applications, proprietary cord
One of the largest 3rd-party peripheral manufacturers in the game, Razer has built a reputation for stylish products that improve both our performance in games and the overall experience outside of them. Razer's Ferox is a compact speaker system that you can take with you wherever you go.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
- Ferox Razer Mobile Gaming Speakers Omni Directi... 69.00
Razer's Ferox is a portable speaker set aimed at portable gaming systems like the DS and the PSP; it'll work with just about any device with a headphone jack though, like MP3 and portable DVD players.
I was initially sceptical about the Ferox, but after testing it out, I think it's a pretty awesome product. I was shocked by the quality of the sound: it's fairly "big" considering the size of the speakers. I was really disappointed by the weak low end (you could probably squeeze some more performance if you have an MP3 player with a built-in EQ) but I could easily see myself using this at the beach or a backyard BBQ as a quick and dirty speaker set up. I loved the fact that it's rechargeable, and that there's only one braided cord to mess with.
The only thing that makes me hesitate in giving it a full on recommendation is the fact that for a few bucks more, you can buy a portable speaker set with a bit more sonic "oomph." But those units usually stretch the definition of the word "portable", so if care about portability, Ferox is a pretty compelling choice. If Razer can somehow improve the bass response (I'd gladly accept a bigger footprint for a bit more thump), then they'd have an undeniable winner. In its current form, I'd recommend you look into it, but do some research before you fully commit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Geeks' favorite DeNA interactive streaming platform looks beyond Japan
- The Sims 4 (PC)
- Amazon's new Fire tablets have more features at lower prices
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.