Replay Radio Replay Radio 5.3
- Simple setup
- Cannot handle multiple feeds
Replay Radio makes it easy to organise and record radio broadcasts. For live playback and recording Replay uses its Real Audio-based Replay Player — a choice of player would have been nice.
Price$ 65.00 (AUD)
There are a number of legal and not-so-legal ways to record digital music - ripping it from a CD, cassette or vinyl being the most obvious. But it's only recently become possible to create permanent copies of the tunes and broadcasts you enjoy online. Although it's clearly off-limits to distribute copyrighted music, you're on safer ground when recording broadcast radio for your own use.
Replay Radio is not the only package that's capable of recording Web broadcasts, but doing so is its raison d'etre - unlike software such as Roxio Supersonic, in which this capability is not the main pull.
Setting up Replay to start recording streamed audio is easy. Tell the software which recording source you want and how you want it to be saved. Once you've got Replay to recognise your sound card, you're ready to start recording.
Should you try to add multiple streams one after the other to your station or show list, Replay assumes each is to be scheduled and sets things up to record for the next 60 minutes. This causes a conflict, as the program cannot handle more than one feed at once. We found it easiest to select Unscheduled for every entry under Edit Show.
You can select what to record from a list of online stations or enter a URL of your own. Replay can locate audio sources that pop up on Web sites, but may not otherwise be visible. Just click the URL Finder in the bottom toolbar. This broadens the number of sites and songs at your disposal.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turnbull touts UNSW’s quantum capability as “world’s best”
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Chrome turns 50 and stands at a crossroads
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT