- revo uno dab+
- • • •
I have had this radio for approx 14 months now.
For the first 12/13 months it it had very limited use in the kitchen in the mornings.
Over the past 4 - 6 weeks we have begun using it for the alarm function, daily.
At least once a week, sometimes more, the clock freezes up and we have to do the factory reset.
Is there anything else we can do to rectify this problem?
Regards Greg Geehman
Revo Uno DAB+
The Uno DAB+ will let you listen to digital radio, but its price is less than impressive
- Clear reception, unusual but appealing design
- Very expensive, poor sound quality, unimpressive feature set
We think this digital radio has an unrealistic price tag, although it does come with convenience of a remote control. We think there are digital radios out there that offer better value.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
Revo’s Uno DAB+ is an unusual looking and expensive digital radio that only offers an average feature set.
It's extremely easy to use — setting alarms, programming your station preset and scanning for stations are all straightforward. However, it does have some annoying navigation issues; for example, scrolling through stations and selecting one that can’t be tuned in will result in you having to scroll back through all the stations again, instead of defaulting to the next station on the list.
The Revo Uno DAB+ comes with a remote control about the size of a credit card, that reproduces the controls on the Revo Uno DAB+ itself and adds 10 preset buttons. A 3.5mm headphone jack on the back of the digital radio lets you listen to music without annoying your coworkers. The unit also functions as a speaker for your iPod — so if you get sick of the radio you can listen to your own mix.
Sound quality on the Revo Uno DAB+ is nothing to write home about. At its highest setting the volume is not very loud, and at lower volume settings — below 5 on its monochrome LCD — you can’t really hear anything. It lacks much bass or mid-range, with a heavy bias towards treble notes. If you have a good pair of headphones plugged in then it makes sound quality a lot better.
Revo’s Uno also has an FM tuner, so you can still tune in to stations that haven’t switched over to digital yet. Unfortunately the Uno lacks the DAB+ recording features found on the cheaper Pure ONE Classic.
We think this radio has an unrealistic price tag given the features on offer. Perhaps if it was priced at around the $200 mark it would be a better buy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW