Roxio Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier
- Easy to operate, Video Support, Straightforward menu system
- Not a lot of options, Can’t copy copy-protected DVDs
The fact that you can’t get around copy-protected DVDs devalues this software package, although it still offers plenty for the price.
Price$ 66.99 (AUD)
If there's been a theme running through the major IT innovations of recent years, it's that you should be able to access your data from any location and at any time.
The sheer convenience of the iPod and the PlayStation Portable (PSP) makes them obvious targets for any software company trying to tap into the portability push. The next two months will see Roxio and Pinnacle unveil remarkably similar products.
Roxio's Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier is an update to the popular Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Deluxe. The Premier edition can copy DVD movies directly onto a PlayStation Portable (PSP) or iPod with video support. We found this feature worked quite well and, while there aren't an awful lot of options, the results were more than adequate.
But your money will buy you a lot more than this. The DVD copying is fairly swift and reasonably easy to operate, though you can't copy encrypted or copy-protected DVDs - if you're looking to back up your film collection, this product isn't going to satisfy your needs. But for home movies, it's a good option.
The straightforward menu system makes transferring multiple movie files to a DVD simple - and you can compress the contents of an 8.5GB double-layer disk on to a 4.7GB one.
The Label Creator program is well executed and should prove useful for anyone with a LightScribe drive. You get a good DVD player in the form of CinePlayer, while the Disc Image Loader is an intriguing app that lets you make virtual copies of a disc, allowing you to use the contents without needing to carry the original.
This software provides a lot of impressive features for a very modest price. However, note the fact that you can't get around copy encryption with this product. And anyone looking to enjoy the special iPod and PSP features would be well advised to wait and see exactly how the Pinnacle product compares.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia