Roxio Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier
- Easy to operate, Video Support, Straightforward menu system
- Not a lot of options, Can’t copy copy-protected DVDs
The fact that you can’t get around copy-protected DVDs devalues this software package, although it still offers plenty for the price.
Price$ 66.99 (AUD)
If there's been a theme running through the major IT innovations of recent years, it's that you should be able to access your data from any location and at any time.
The sheer convenience of the iPod and the PlayStation Portable (PSP) makes them obvious targets for any software company trying to tap into the portability push. The next two months will see Roxio and Pinnacle unveil remarkably similar products.
Roxio's Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier is an update to the popular Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Deluxe. The Premier edition can copy DVD movies directly onto a PlayStation Portable (PSP) or iPod with video support. We found this feature worked quite well and, while there aren't an awful lot of options, the results were more than adequate.
But your money will buy you a lot more than this. The DVD copying is fairly swift and reasonably easy to operate, though you can't copy encrypted or copy-protected DVDs - if you're looking to back up your film collection, this product isn't going to satisfy your needs. But for home movies, it's a good option.
The straightforward menu system makes transferring multiple movie files to a DVD simple - and you can compress the contents of an 8.5GB double-layer disk on to a 4.7GB one.
The Label Creator program is well executed and should prove useful for anyone with a LightScribe drive. You get a good DVD player in the form of CinePlayer, while the Disc Image Loader is an intriguing app that lets you make virtual copies of a disc, allowing you to use the contents without needing to carry the original.
This software provides a lot of impressive features for a very modest price. However, note the fact that you can't get around copy encryption with this product. And anyone looking to enjoy the special iPod and PSP features would be well advised to wait and see exactly how the Pinnacle product compares.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- FT.Net Developer - Mid-levelNSW
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Business ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD