Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M
- Excellent image quality, attractive design
- Sluggish performance, standard feature set
The AGFAPHOTO AF5080M can display images at high quality, but the rest of its features and performance leave a lot to be desired.
Price$ 269.00 (AUD)
In a market dominated by mediocrity, the Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is capable of delivering high quality images with only a few minor blemishes. Apart from the quality of the display, there really isn't anything remarkable about the features of this unit. However, since it's a photo frame, the screen quality is clearly the most important aspect of the product.
We tested the unit using various JPEG image files and found it to be rather good. It has an 8in screen with a resolution of 800x600 pixels which is able to reproduce colours well with only a slight over-saturation of the colour red. Thankfully, the over-saturation didn't impact the image too dramatically. Our test photos all looked clear and crisp for the most part, although there was a minor level of vertical pixelation. Higher resolution images tended to be a little sluggish on loading and as a result, the transition effects on the slideshows tended to jolt and stutter -- definitely not the subtle and graceful fade that is intended.
The features of the AF5080M are on-par with most digital frames we have reviewed. In addition to displaying images, it can also play back MP3 files and video files. There are also some basic photo editing functions but compared to even the simplest editing software, they are barely useful.
Apart from the quality of the screen, this frame also stands out when it comes to design. It has an air of sophistication and comes with three interchangeable faceplates, which you can easily change to suit your taste.
On the whole, the AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is above par when compared to most digital photo frames on the market but it also has its share of problems. If it wasn't for the high quality screen, this product would have scored much lower than it has and joined the white noise of mediocrity that many other digital photo frames fall victim to. If you are looking for a high quality image from your photo frame, this one is for you -- as long as you have the patience to deal with its flaws.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google lets Apps users bypass admins and install third-party Marketplace tools
- Apple rolls out iOS 8 to Australian iPhones, iPads today
- The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default
- Reports of another wave of layoffs rekindle bad press for Microsoft
- AT&T to put service setup in enterprise customers' hands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.