Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M
- Excellent image quality, attractive design
- Sluggish performance, standard feature set
The AGFAPHOTO AF5080M can display images at high quality, but the rest of its features and performance leave a lot to be desired.
Price$ 269.00 (AUD)
In a market dominated by mediocrity, the Sagem AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is capable of delivering high quality images with only a few minor blemishes. Apart from the quality of the display, there really isn't anything remarkable about the features of this unit. However, since it's a photo frame, the screen quality is clearly the most important aspect of the product.
We tested the unit using various JPEG image files and found it to be rather good. It has an 8in screen with a resolution of 800x600 pixels which is able to reproduce colours well with only a slight over-saturation of the colour red. Thankfully, the over-saturation didn't impact the image too dramatically. Our test photos all looked clear and crisp for the most part, although there was a minor level of vertical pixelation. Higher resolution images tended to be a little sluggish on loading and as a result, the transition effects on the slideshows tended to jolt and stutter -- definitely not the subtle and graceful fade that is intended.
The features of the AF5080M are on-par with most digital frames we have reviewed. In addition to displaying images, it can also play back MP3 files and video files. There are also some basic photo editing functions but compared to even the simplest editing software, they are barely useful.
Apart from the quality of the screen, this frame also stands out when it comes to design. It has an air of sophistication and comes with three interchangeable faceplates, which you can easily change to suit your taste.
On the whole, the AGFAPHOTO AF5080M is above par when compared to most digital photo frames on the market but it also has its share of problems. If it wasn't for the high quality screen, this product would have scored much lower than it has and joined the white noise of mediocrity that many other digital photo frames fall victim to. If you are looking for a high quality image from your photo frame, this one is for you -- as long as you have the patience to deal with its flaws.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- HoloLens Spectator View makes it easier to show off AR creations
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Google revamps Voice with long overdue makeover, new features
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCData Analyst - SAS - Immediate Start RequiredNSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCUI UX AnalystWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC