Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani smartphone
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani is a fashion phone that runs Windows Mobile Professional 6.5
- Looks fashionable, excellent audio and video playback, excellent QWERTY Keyboard, AMOLED Display
- Bulky, sluggish interface
If you are looking for that exclusivity factor that the Armani tag will bring, then the Samsung has no competition. However, if you are looking for a smartphone that impresses overall, then the Apple iPhone 3GS is a better option. Overall, though, with its good looks and powerful multimedia performance, the Giorgio Armani phone qualifies as a good handset.
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani is a high fashion phone with a 5MP camera, Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 operating system and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, designed by the famous Italian designer.
The world of haute couture and high fashion steps into the mobile arena through the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani. The Samsung Armani is a high-end mobile device aimed at people who want more than the regular styling from their phone. In fact, the Samsung is a fashion accessory, something that will draw eyeballs from across the room. But does it have enough to qualify as a good phone?
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Features and Specifications
Like any other high-end device, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani offers plenty of features. It supports Wi-Fi, 3G and GPS. It runs on Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 and offers both a full 3.5-inch AMOLED resistive touchscreen and a four-row hardware QWERTY keyboard. It has a microUSB slot that can be used for charging, connecting to the PC and connecting the 3.5mm headphones adaptor that comes bundled with the device. The Samsung comes with an impressive 8GB of internal memory and if that's not enough, you can pop in a microSD card up to 16GB.
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani phone sports Samsung's proprietary TouchWIZ UI over the WinMo interface. Thanks to its WinMo OS, the Armani has a well-fleshed out set of productivity, messaging and contact management features. It also has a 5Mp camera with an LED flash.
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Design and Usability
The phone has a muted gold body and gold edges. The phone's front proudly proclaims the designer's name in the trademark font while Samsung's name is embossed at the back.
However the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's bulky size almost qualifies for a fashion faux pas; also, the build quality was unsatisfactory since the phone's various parts wobbled too much. However, there were some nice additions to the build as well, for instance, after sliding out the keyboard, the phone lets you prop up the screen at an angle (similar to the N97mini).
The screen itself is quite large at 3.5 inches and looks especially good since not only is it an AMOLED display, but it is also able to display a high resolution of 800x480 and an equally impressive 16M colour output.
As mentioned before, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani uses WinMo 6.5 Professional as its primary OS combined with TouchWIZ. As a result, the touch based usability is quite good albeit sluggish. The TouchWIZ interface manages to cover up WinMo's faults nicely and we were accosted by WinMo's small icons and menus very rarely. Also, the Samsung's QWERTY keyboard is an excellent addition and was great to use.
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani: Multimedia
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's multimedia performance is quite good. Its 5Mp camera takes good looking photos both indoors and outdoors. Photos looked vibrant and bright and there was little noise to speak of. One problem we did notice was that the images we shot appeared to have a slight white haze. Also, the video recording was just average.
Multimedia playback, on the other hand is excellent. The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani's audio playback might just be one of the best we have heard from a phone. The audio is loud and clear and if you want to add that extra bit of punch, you can choose from a vast set of EQs and sound enhancement features.
Video playback is also excellent and you can actually watch an entire movie on the 3.5-inch screen. Plus, the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani supports a wide number of video formats including DivX/XviD and H.263 and H.264 so just copying and pasting movies to the phone's memory works just fine. We wish more phones would take a leaf out of Samsung's book.
Australian online store MobiCity sells the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani for $799.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst - SAS - Immediate Start RequiredNSW
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- CCPega DeveloperNSW