Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV (preview)
Samsung's cheapest 3D plasma TV of 2011 may be the best value
- Probably much cheaper than the Series 8 with most of the image quality and features
- We're not sure yet -- expect us to find out when we get a review unit in our Test Centre
Samsung's Series 6 3D plasma TV might well prove to be the best value 3D TV offering from the company in 2011. It's the lowest positioned 3D TV in Samsung's lineup, but we're optimistic about its potential picture quality based on past experiences.
Announced at CES 2011 at the same time as the Series 8 3D plasma, the Series 7 LED and Series 8 LED, the Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV should be significantly cheaper while still including important features like 3D processing (with a 2D-to-3D mode) and Web-enabled applications and features.
If you're picking out a new television and want to work out what's best for you, read through our LCD vs LED vs plasma TV buying guide.
Want to learn about 3D TV? Take a look at our 3D TV buying guide.
Have a look at what we thought were the best TVs of 2010.
According to Samsung, "The Series 6 Plasma TV (D6500) offers a dichotomy in design texture, between cold, black metal and warm, smooth glass. The cabinet consists of a brushed metallic black frame and the translucent mold encases the frame and uses Samsung’s Crystal Design technology to create a luxurious finish." We think what Samsung is saying is that it will look pretty swish in the middle of your lounge room. It might not be as attractive as the stunning Series 8, but we're banking on this being an excellent value choice for TV buyers in 2011.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- NIST pledges transparency in NSA dealings over crypto standards
- North Carolina could be next in Google Fiber roll-out
- Conference calls a waste of time? In 1915, this one made history
- Box rides high on Wall Street’s warm welcome
- China tightens Internet control by blocking VPN services
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.