Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV (preview)
Samsung's cheapest 3D plasma TV of 2011 may be the best value
- Probably much cheaper than the Series 8 with most of the image quality and features
- We're not sure yet -- expect us to find out when we get a review unit in our Test Centre
Samsung's Series 6 3D plasma TV might well prove to be the best value 3D TV offering from the company in 2011. It's the lowest positioned 3D TV in Samsung's lineup, but we're optimistic about its potential picture quality based on past experiences.
Announced at CES 2011 at the same time as the Series 8 3D plasma, the Series 7 LED and Series 8 LED, the Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV should be significantly cheaper while still including important features like 3D processing (with a 2D-to-3D mode) and Web-enabled applications and features.
If you're picking out a new television and want to work out what's best for you, read through our LCD vs LED vs plasma TV buying guide.
Want to learn about 3D TV? Take a look at our 3D TV buying guide.
Have a look at what we thought were the best TVs of 2010.
According to Samsung, "The Series 6 Plasma TV (D6500) offers a dichotomy in design texture, between cold, black metal and warm, smooth glass. The cabinet consists of a brushed metallic black frame and the translucent mold encases the frame and uses Samsung’s Crystal Design technology to create a luxurious finish." We think what Samsung is saying is that it will look pretty swish in the middle of your lounge room. It might not be as attractive as the stunning Series 8, but we're banking on this being an excellent value choice for TV buyers in 2011.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT