Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV (preview)
Samsung's cheapest 3D plasma TV of 2011 may be the best value
- Probably much cheaper than the Series 8 with most of the image quality and features
- We're not sure yet -- expect us to find out when we get a review unit in our Test Centre
Samsung's Series 6 3D plasma TV might well prove to be the best value 3D TV offering from the company in 2011. It's the lowest positioned 3D TV in Samsung's lineup, but we're optimistic about its potential picture quality based on past experiences.
Announced at CES 2011 at the same time as the Series 8 3D plasma, the Series 7 LED and Series 8 LED, the Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV should be significantly cheaper while still including important features like 3D processing (with a 2D-to-3D mode) and Web-enabled applications and features.
If you're picking out a new television and want to work out what's best for you, read through our LCD vs LED vs plasma TV buying guide.
Want to learn about 3D TV? Take a look at our 3D TV buying guide.
Have a look at what we thought were the best TVs of 2010.
According to Samsung, "The Series 6 Plasma TV (D6500) offers a dichotomy in design texture, between cold, black metal and warm, smooth glass. The cabinet consists of a brushed metallic black frame and the translucent mold encases the frame and uses Samsung’s Crystal Design technology to create a luxurious finish." We think what Samsung is saying is that it will look pretty swish in the middle of your lounge room. It might not be as attractive as the stunning Series 8, but we're banking on this being an excellent value choice for TV buyers in 2011.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW