Unfortunately,, this plasma has a well documented issue of a purple band that appears across the screen with a white background. See Whirlpool forums for details.
Samsung Series 7 (PS58C7000) 3D plasma TV
This excellent 58in 3D television from Samsung combines the brilliant picture of plasma with the thin and stylish design of an LED TV
- Excellent build quality and impressive design, great picture quality, surprisingly reasonable price tag
- Not the best blacks we've seen on a plasma, some 3D niggles
The Samsung Series 7 (PS50C7000) plasma is very nearly the best television we've tested. It's got an excellent design and generally great picture quality, only falling short in overall black levels. 3D is handled well but there are still a few aberrations; it is fine for occasional casual viewing. The Series 7 (PS50C7000) does a great job on Internet connectivity as well, making it an excellent all-round performer we'd happily recommend.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
This review is of the 50in Samsung Series 7 (PS50C7000) 3D plasma TV. Apart from a difference in screen size the two televisions are identical.
The 50in Samsung PS50C7000 3D plasma TV has excellent picture quality and is well designed and constructed, and it offers a swathe of interactive Internet features. Best of all, it is cheaper than the Samsung Series 7 LED television; it's relatively affordable considering its feature set.
Latest News Articles
- Oracle builds on BlueKai acquisition with Data Cloud
- Apple gets patent on iTime smart watch
- Dating app Wyldfire tries to avoid creeps by letting women take the lead
- Tor Project working to fix weakness that can unmask users
- Hands on with Xiaomi's Mi 4, a high-end handset, with an iPhone look
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »