Samsung Series 7 (PS58C7000) 3D plasma TV
This excellent 58in 3D television from Samsung combines the brilliant picture of plasma with the thin and stylish design of an LED TV
- Excellent build quality and impressive design, great picture quality, surprisingly reasonable price tag
- Not the best blacks we've seen on a plasma, some 3D niggles
The Samsung Series 7 (PS50C7000) plasma is very nearly the best television we've tested. It's got an excellent design and generally great picture quality, only falling short in overall black levels. 3D is handled well but there are still a few aberrations; it is fine for occasional casual viewing. The Series 7 (PS50C7000) does a great job on Internet connectivity as well, making it an excellent all-round performer we'd happily recommend.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
This review is of the 50in Samsung Series 7 (PS50C7000) 3D plasma TV. Apart from a difference in screen size the two televisions are identical.
The 50in Samsung PS50C7000 3D plasma TV has excellent picture quality and is well designed and constructed, and it offers a swathe of interactive Internet features. Best of all, it is cheaper than the Samsung Series 7 LED television; it's relatively affordable considering its feature set.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Samsung's Bixby won’t support voice commands when it debuts on the Galaxy S8
- Fear not, early adopters: The Galaxy S8 might not be running Android 7.0 for very long
- Samsung made an even better Galaxy S8+, but you can’t have it
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Multiple rolesQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD