Samsung Series 7 (PS58C7000) 3D plasma TV
This excellent 58in 3D television from Samsung combines the brilliant picture of plasma with the thin and stylish design of an LED TV
- Excellent build quality and impressive design, great picture quality, surprisingly reasonable price tag
- Not the best blacks we've seen on a plasma, some 3D niggles
The Samsung Series 7 (PS50C7000) plasma is very nearly the best television we've tested. It's got an excellent design and generally great picture quality, only falling short in overall black levels. 3D is handled well but there are still a few aberrations; it is fine for occasional casual viewing. The Series 7 (PS50C7000) does a great job on Internet connectivity as well, making it an excellent all-round performer we'd happily recommend.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
This review is of the 50in Samsung Series 7 (PS50C7000) 3D plasma TV. Apart from a difference in screen size the two televisions are identical.
The 50in Samsung PS50C7000 3D plasma TV has excellent picture quality and is well designed and constructed, and it offers a swathe of interactive Internet features. Best of all, it is cheaper than the Samsung Series 7 LED television; it's relatively affordable considering its feature set.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS