Samsung Series 8 LED TV (preview)
We look at the D8000, Samsung's Series 8 LED TV from CES 2011
- Super-thin bezel, amazing styling
- It's probably going to be expensive...
We're very keen to take a look at Samsung's newest Series 8 LED television when it hits Australian shores. With styling that's a mix of 2010's Series 7 and Series 9 LED sets, it has LED edge-lighting hidden behind its super-thin bezels as well as 3D processing that automatically detects the content type.
Best Deals (Selling at 6 stores)
At CES 2011, Samsung threw the covers off over 40 new LCD, LED and plasma TVs. The Samsung Series 8 LED TV is the flagship model in the new line-up, and it's definitely impressive. It's got a bezel that's barely 5mm thick, with a glossy chrome finish and the same four-legged stand we saw on the 2010 Samsung Series 7 LED TV.
All the usual high-end bells and whistles are built in — it has a 200Hz refresh rate, 3D processing with 3D glasses that connect via Bluetooth, and a touchscreen remote control. If you're lazy, you can even use an iPhone or Android phone to control the television. Built-in Wi-Fi means the Samsung Series 8 LED TV can connect to your wireless network and access Samsung's Smart Hub service, which includes a Web browser, movies, downloadable applications and a search function.
We don't have any details about Australian launch dates and pricing for the Samsung Series 8 LED TV, but we're looking forward to putting one through its paces in our Test Centre.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW