Samsung SyncMaster 193P Plus
- Excellent base, accurate colour adjustment
- Single button may not appeal to all
An ergonomic stand, pivot feature, straightforward adjustment and solid warranty add up to a great screen for everyday use.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
Samsung's SyncMaster 193P Plus offers great features and image quality, backed up by a solid warranty.
The all-round 19" monitor boasts a 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and weighs 7.1kg. The screen features a 178-degree viewing angle and provides an excellent image throughout. Its 42 x 41 x 24mm footprint is in line with that of the competition, and the entire unit is wall mountable with brackets that come in the bundle. The screen doesn't include speakers, but most people wouldn't find this a disadvantage as the quality of audio from monitor speakers is usually so poor.
The Samsung unit features a MagicStand, which provides excellent ergonomic adjustment. The base features two pivot hinges, which allows the screen to be positioned near flat against the desk, upright, and even upside-down. The dual hinge also provides some height adjustment, which allows the display to be rotated into portrait mode for working on large documents or surfing the Web.
The aluminium base contains both VGA and DVI inputs, and provides a clean, elegant appearance that would make it at home on any corporate front desk. The screen only features a single button, though it can be automatically turned on and off by the PC. The MagicTune on-screen menu control software makes it easy to adjust the screen properties and fine-tune the image, while MagicBright stores default settings for the screen properties based on the type of image displayed. This reliance on software configuration is fine for the majority of users, but some like to have quick access to an on-screen menu via buttons on the face of the machine.
The displayed image is clear and bright, and the screen includes accurate colour adjustment, so graphic designers can fine-tune the display to fit their needs perfectly. A slim bezel and understated appearance helps the SyncMaster blend into most homes or offices. For the style-conscious, the 193P+ is available in three colours: red, silver and black.
This excellent monitor comes with a three-year warranty, which covers parts and labour, and a there's a 20,000 hour guarantee on the backlight.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC