Samsung SyncMaster 193P Plus
- Excellent base, accurate colour adjustment
- Single button may not appeal to all
An ergonomic stand, pivot feature, straightforward adjustment and solid warranty add up to a great screen for everyday use.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
Samsung's SyncMaster 193P Plus offers great features and image quality, backed up by a solid warranty.
The all-round 19" monitor boasts a 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and weighs 7.1kg. The screen features a 178-degree viewing angle and provides an excellent image throughout. Its 42 x 41 x 24mm footprint is in line with that of the competition, and the entire unit is wall mountable with brackets that come in the bundle. The screen doesn't include speakers, but most people wouldn't find this a disadvantage as the quality of audio from monitor speakers is usually so poor.
The Samsung unit features a MagicStand, which provides excellent ergonomic adjustment. The base features two pivot hinges, which allows the screen to be positioned near flat against the desk, upright, and even upside-down. The dual hinge also provides some height adjustment, which allows the display to be rotated into portrait mode for working on large documents or surfing the Web.
The aluminium base contains both VGA and DVI inputs, and provides a clean, elegant appearance that would make it at home on any corporate front desk. The screen only features a single button, though it can be automatically turned on and off by the PC. The MagicTune on-screen menu control software makes it easy to adjust the screen properties and fine-tune the image, while MagicBright stores default settings for the screen properties based on the type of image displayed. This reliance on software configuration is fine for the majority of users, but some like to have quick access to an on-screen menu via buttons on the face of the machine.
The displayed image is clear and bright, and the screen includes accurate colour adjustment, so graphic designers can fine-tune the display to fit their needs perfectly. A slim bezel and understated appearance helps the SyncMaster blend into most homes or offices. For the style-conscious, the 193P+ is available in three colours: red, silver and black.
This excellent monitor comes with a three-year warranty, which covers parts and labour, and a there's a 20,000 hour guarantee on the backlight.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTTechnical Team Leader | ArchitectQLD
- CCTest ManagerWA
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA