Samsung SyncMaster 193P Plus
- Excellent base, accurate colour adjustment
- Single button may not appeal to all
An ergonomic stand, pivot feature, straightforward adjustment and solid warranty add up to a great screen for everyday use.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
Samsung's SyncMaster 193P Plus offers great features and image quality, backed up by a solid warranty.
The all-round 19" monitor boasts a 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and weighs 7.1kg. The screen features a 178-degree viewing angle and provides an excellent image throughout. Its 42 x 41 x 24mm footprint is in line with that of the competition, and the entire unit is wall mountable with brackets that come in the bundle. The screen doesn't include speakers, but most people wouldn't find this a disadvantage as the quality of audio from monitor speakers is usually so poor.
The Samsung unit features a MagicStand, which provides excellent ergonomic adjustment. The base features two pivot hinges, which allows the screen to be positioned near flat against the desk, upright, and even upside-down. The dual hinge also provides some height adjustment, which allows the display to be rotated into portrait mode for working on large documents or surfing the Web.
The aluminium base contains both VGA and DVI inputs, and provides a clean, elegant appearance that would make it at home on any corporate front desk. The screen only features a single button, though it can be automatically turned on and off by the PC. The MagicTune on-screen menu control software makes it easy to adjust the screen properties and fine-tune the image, while MagicBright stores default settings for the screen properties based on the type of image displayed. This reliance on software configuration is fine for the majority of users, but some like to have quick access to an on-screen menu via buttons on the face of the machine.
The displayed image is clear and bright, and the screen includes accurate colour adjustment, so graphic designers can fine-tune the display to fit their needs perfectly. A slim bezel and understated appearance helps the SyncMaster blend into most homes or offices. For the style-conscious, the 193P+ is available in three colours: red, silver and black.
This excellent monitor comes with a three-year warranty, which covers parts and labour, and a there's a 20,000 hour guarantee on the backlight.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC