Samsung SyncMaster 193P Plus
- Excellent base, accurate colour adjustment
- Single button may not appeal to all
An ergonomic stand, pivot feature, straightforward adjustment and solid warranty add up to a great screen for everyday use.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
Samsung's SyncMaster 193P Plus offers great features and image quality, backed up by a solid warranty.
The all-round 19" monitor boasts a 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and weighs 7.1kg. The screen features a 178-degree viewing angle and provides an excellent image throughout. Its 42 x 41 x 24mm footprint is in line with that of the competition, and the entire unit is wall mountable with brackets that come in the bundle. The screen doesn't include speakers, but most people wouldn't find this a disadvantage as the quality of audio from monitor speakers is usually so poor.
The Samsung unit features a MagicStand, which provides excellent ergonomic adjustment. The base features two pivot hinges, which allows the screen to be positioned near flat against the desk, upright, and even upside-down. The dual hinge also provides some height adjustment, which allows the display to be rotated into portrait mode for working on large documents or surfing the Web.
The aluminium base contains both VGA and DVI inputs, and provides a clean, elegant appearance that would make it at home on any corporate front desk. The screen only features a single button, though it can be automatically turned on and off by the PC. The MagicTune on-screen menu control software makes it easy to adjust the screen properties and fine-tune the image, while MagicBright stores default settings for the screen properties based on the type of image displayed. This reliance on software configuration is fine for the majority of users, but some like to have quick access to an on-screen menu via buttons on the face of the machine.
The displayed image is clear and bright, and the screen includes accurate colour adjustment, so graphic designers can fine-tune the display to fit their needs perfectly. A slim bezel and understated appearance helps the SyncMaster blend into most homes or offices. For the style-conscious, the 193P+ is available in three colours: red, silver and black.
This excellent monitor comes with a three-year warranty, which covers parts and labour, and a there's a 20,000 hour guarantee on the backlight.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCCommunications Network EngineerWA
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- TPICT Training and Development OfficerQLD
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA