First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Samsung SyncMaster 243T
- High image quality, very adjustable
- Poor motion playback
Outstanding image quality and full adjustability options make the Samsung SyncMaster 243t an excellent pick for business applications.
Price$ 4,599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 10 stores)
Samsung's 24" SyncMaster 243t has no desire to be a TV; it just wants to be a great monitor. It's one of the few wide screens we've tested that offers no component, composite or S-Video inputs.
When we tested the monitor, we judged its text display and graphics to be among the best of any of the 23"-and-up models we've looked at. The 243t made an especially strong showing on our test screens of a colour scale and of fonts in different sizes.
Unlike most other wide screens, the 243t supports a full range of adjustments--including pivot-- enhancing its bona fides as an excellent business display. Its height adjustment feature is an awkward affair that requires you to push a button in the back of the base, but its tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments are smooth.
A slow, 25-millisecond response time makes the 243t ill-suited for video playback. When we watched a scene from our test movie on the display, we saw distracting motion artefacts. In what may be a bid to leave those artefacts behind, Samsung now offers the SyncMaster 242mp, a 24" model with a rated 16ms response time and with composite, S-Video and component inputs.
Latest News Articles
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
- Firm says vulnerability in Tails contained in I2P component
- More AT&T customers switch to paying for their phones
- Grid Autosport (Xbox 360)
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?