Samsung SyncMaster 245T
This fully adjustable monitor has many inputs and good image quality -- along with a hefty price tag.
- Plethora of inputs, picture-in-picture
- No built-in speakers, no Display Port connection
It'll deliver a good quality image and has plenty of inputs, but it's expensive.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
Samsung's 245T is a great-looking, thin-bezel monitor that can swivel, tilt, pivot, and be adjusted for height.
The monitor's connectivity options include four USB ports, plus HDMI, VGA, DVI, composite, component, and S-Video ports. The only input missing is a Display Port connection, a linking technology that has gained popularity recently.
Despite the 245T's $1199.00 price tag, you don't get a built-in Webcam or speakers; the display does have a picture-in-picture option — a great feature to have, in view of all the input choices.
In our test centre evaluations, the monitor performed well, earning a score of Very Good. Nevertheless, it finished slightly below Samsung's own SyncMaster 2493HM (which has built-in speakers) in overall performance. The 245T's extra video inputs and USB ports (four versus the 2493HM's two) are the main differences between the two monitors. But those extras raise the 245T's price.
The 245T is best suited for users who need many connectivity options — because, say, they want to use it for PC work and TV/movie viewing. But the 245T costs more than some other monitors available that have just as many inputs and output an image of the same quality.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC