Samsung SyncMaster 245T
This fully adjustable monitor has many inputs and good image quality -- along with a hefty price tag.
- Plethora of inputs, picture-in-picture
- No built-in speakers, no Display Port connection
It'll deliver a good quality image and has plenty of inputs, but it's expensive.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
Samsung's 245T is a great-looking, thin-bezel monitor that can swivel, tilt, pivot, and be adjusted for height.
The monitor's connectivity options include four USB ports, plus HDMI, VGA, DVI, composite, component, and S-Video ports. The only input missing is a Display Port connection, a linking technology that has gained popularity recently.
Despite the 245T's $1199.00 price tag, you don't get a built-in Webcam or speakers; the display does have a picture-in-picture option — a great feature to have, in view of all the input choices.
In our test centre evaluations, the monitor performed well, earning a score of Very Good. Nevertheless, it finished slightly below Samsung's own SyncMaster 2493HM (which has built-in speakers) in overall performance. The 245T's extra video inputs and USB ports (four versus the 2493HM's two) are the main differences between the two monitors. But those extras raise the 245T's price.
The 245T is best suited for users who need many connectivity options — because, say, they want to use it for PC work and TV/movie viewing. But the 245T costs more than some other monitors available that have just as many inputs and output an image of the same quality.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT