Sega Ghost Squad
- Lots of unlockable content, fast action means twitch gamers with itchy trigger fingers should definitely apply
- Limited number of levels, game will probably wear thin after a few playthroughs
Lacking in depth and substance, Ghost Squad relies on trigger happy gamers content to play the same levels again and again.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
The game's story is minimal and the cut scenes are hilariously cheesy but it all comes across as campy and fun rather than pathetic.
Ghost Squad only has a handful of levels but there are a lot of branching paths and unlockable content, which helps replayability; you'll probably hit the wall a lot faster with this game than with Chronicles, though. Still, while it's still fresh, the game is pretty fun. It relies more on twitch skills with a quick pace and enemies that literally jump into your line of fire. It's a more manic experience than the slow and methodical Chronicles so pick whichever one suits your play style more.
There's also four player multiplayer modes -- sweet -- and the ability to upload your scores to online leader boards -- also sweet. The multitude of unlockable costumes and weapons also help but again, the game will be constrained by its small number of levels. While it lasts, though, the game is a fun and enjoyable way to blow off some steam; light-gun junkies should definitely take a look at this one.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
- Google to build Play-like hardware store for Project Ara
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW