Guessin' and drawin'
- Variety of multiplayer modes
Overall, PictoImage is a very simple game, but nothing special or too innovative. The sound and gameplay are both very repetitive and met with standard-fare graphics that just get the job done. If you're enough of a Pictionary enthusiast, then it might be worth saving yourself the trouble of purchasing this game and just picking up the real thing.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
PictoImage is pretty much a game of guessing. A random image is drawn from the 300 picture database, and it is your job to figure out what it is. You have the choice of using the keyboard tab and punching in the letters, or drawing them on the touch screen. The negative side of the drawing feature is that it does not always recognise your writing and you may have to use the backspace button quite a few times. The most frustrating part of Pictoimage is that if you cannot guess the object, you cannot move on to another picture. Your stuck until you figure out what the image is, which can be a long time when you're stumped.
Not good at drawing? Then try PictoImage's Practice mode, which teaches you the basis of drawing the item you've chosen by giving gives step-by-step instructions on how to draw it. With four main categories (animal, object, food, and other), it's all up to you on what you learn to draw.
Once you've mastered your technique, you can show off your work using the game's Picture Gallery. It's like having a digital sketch book: just draw and save, then show them off to your friends.
The best part of the game is the Overall, PictoImage is a very simple game, but nothing special or too innovative. The sound and gameplay are both very repetitive and met with standard-fare graphics that just get the job done. If you're enough of a Pictionary enthusiast, then it might be worth saving yourself the trouble of purchasing this game and just picking up the real thing., which includes:
- Picture Pass - In this mode, a subject is passed from player to player in the form of an image. The last player then has to guess the subject based on everyone else's drawings.
- Classic Play - One person draws and everyone tries to guess.
- Team Play - Players team up in pairs and have a draw off.
- Picture Race - Work together with the other players to help Penzel reach the goal.
- Grade Play - Answer the fastest to climb up the ranks.
Some modes also allow the player to use their own custom libraries, allowing you to use your own list of words to use to play against other artists.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to stop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications soon
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- The best Apple iPad Air 2 plans: Vodafone v Telstra v Optus
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW