Sennheiser MM 100 headset
Sennheiser's lightweight Bluetooth headset/wireless headphones
- Light, comfortable, firm fit, good sound quality
- Open ear-cups leak noise badly, poor charge-to-play-time ratio
For runners, gym junkies and other active types, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset offers good sound quality and the convenience of cordless headphones, with the added benefit of full support for taking mobile phone calls with a simple button press.
Price$ 299.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MM 100 headset is light, comfortable and wireless, making it a good choice for people who are constantly on the move.
Bringing back memories of Sony's 'Street Style' headphones, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset is an on-the-ear, wrap-around model. This style is well suited to active users — it secures well against the ears without excessive clamping, with the added bonus of open ear-cups to let in ambient sound (which is important if you're running through traffic-heavy streets, for example). It also helps that the headset weighs just 54g; you can feel it sitting on your head but there are no comfort issues if you're wearing it for a long period.
Unlike the button-heavy sides of the Sennheiser MM 450 Travel headset, the MM 100 headset has all its buttons on the right — a general purpose play/power button, skip and review buttons as well as a volume control. The play button also answers and ends phone calls, so you can store your Bluetooth-enabled mobile safely in your bag or pocket. We still can't get used to talking to a pair of headphones, but it's nonetheless a nifty feature.
Sound quality from the MM 100 headset remains consistent even when cranked up to high volumes. There's a reasonable amount of upper bass that fits in well with the warm mid-range and relatively detailed treble, making for an aural signature that's heavy and musical. We would have liked a little more clarity in the higher registers — at times music can sound slightly muffled. Our main annoyance is the fact that the ear-cups leak noise badly at anything higher than moderate volume levels; these are not the headphones for a workplace or a crowded bus, unless you want everyone else to hear your music.
Being a lightweight Bluetooth headset, we didn't expect spectacular battery life given — but 7.5 hours is impressive. Less thrilling is the long wait between listening sessions; the battery takes 2.5 hours to reach a full charge.
Coming with the slightly-higher-than-reasonable Sennheiser price tag, the MM 100 is nonetheless a competent headset for active users.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Vodafone: International roaming rates slashed to $1 per minute for 200 countries
- Apple denies tracking iPhone users, but promises changes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW