Sennheiser MM 100 headset
Sennheiser's lightweight Bluetooth headset/wireless headphones
- Light, comfortable, firm fit, good sound quality
- Open ear-cups leak noise badly, poor charge-to-play-time ratio
For runners, gym junkies and other active types, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset offers good sound quality and the convenience of cordless headphones, with the added benefit of full support for taking mobile phone calls with a simple button press.
Price$ 299.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MM 100 headset is light, comfortable and wireless, making it a good choice for people who are constantly on the move.
Bringing back memories of Sony's 'Street Style' headphones, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset is an on-the-ear, wrap-around model. This style is well suited to active users — it secures well against the ears without excessive clamping, with the added bonus of open ear-cups to let in ambient sound (which is important if you're running through traffic-heavy streets, for example). It also helps that the headset weighs just 54g; you can feel it sitting on your head but there are no comfort issues if you're wearing it for a long period.
Unlike the button-heavy sides of the Sennheiser MM 450 Travel headset, the MM 100 headset has all its buttons on the right — a general purpose play/power button, skip and review buttons as well as a volume control. The play button also answers and ends phone calls, so you can store your Bluetooth-enabled mobile safely in your bag or pocket. We still can't get used to talking to a pair of headphones, but it's nonetheless a nifty feature.
Sound quality from the MM 100 headset remains consistent even when cranked up to high volumes. There's a reasonable amount of upper bass that fits in well with the warm mid-range and relatively detailed treble, making for an aural signature that's heavy and musical. We would have liked a little more clarity in the higher registers — at times music can sound slightly muffled. Our main annoyance is the fact that the ear-cups leak noise badly at anything higher than moderate volume levels; these are not the headphones for a workplace or a crowded bus, unless you want everyone else to hear your music.
Being a lightweight Bluetooth headset, we didn't expect spectacular battery life given — but 7.5 hours is impressive. Less thrilling is the long wait between listening sessions; the battery takes 2.5 hours to reach a full charge.
Coming with the slightly-higher-than-reasonable Sennheiser price tag, the MM 100 is nonetheless a competent headset for active users.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop SupportNSW