- • • •
These babies are fantastic
Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones
Sennheiser and Adidas have collaborated to produce a quality pair of sports headphones
- In-line remote, iPhone compatible, durable design
- Can be difficult to insert earbuds
The partnership between Sennheiser and adidas has produced fitness-themed earphones that are built to last with good sound quality and iPhone/iPod support.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones provide reasonable quality sound at an affordable price. The earphones were designed for fitness enthusiasts, and are part of the range from the German dream team of Sennheiser and Adidas. The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i headphones feature clips that bend to fit around your ears, similar to the Sennheiser OMX 181. The bright yellow colour of the cable and earbuds will make you stand out in a crowd.
We really like Sennheiser's collaboration with Adidas, and think it has delivered a sports-friendly and sturdy product. The earphones are sweat- and water-resistant, and the cable is encased in Kevlar for greater strength and durability. One of the main features of the OMX 680i Sports earphones is an in-line remote that was designed especially for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and Adidas' own miCoach. It is also compatible with iPods, and features a built-in microphone so you can answer phone calls. The unit has rubber buttons for volume and skipping tracks as well as a play/pause button.
The first time we put on the earphones, we were impressed with how light the headphones were — they only weigh 18 grams. However, we found that adjusting the clips and fitting the earbuds was a bit of a challenge initially. The earphones do get slightly uncomfortable after a couple of hours, but unless you're running a marathon this shouldn't be a huge problem. The sound quality of the earphones was generally acceptable: they have clear treble, but we wanted more power in the bass department. The headphones do not do a very good job of providing isolation from ambient noise, which might be annoying in loud outdoor settings. We tested the microphone on the in-line remote and encountered no problems with voice quality.
The OMX 680i Sports earphones from Sennheiser and Adidas are a solid option if you require a sturdy pair of headphones for outdoor use or exercise. They lose some points for lack of comfort and fiddly insertion, but overall they are well designed and produce reasonable sound.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Latest News Articles
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Headphones View all »
- 2% off $369 free shipping
- Mobile Phones View all »
- Tablets View all »
- MP3 Players View all »
- Home Entertainment View all »