- Good sound, More than adequate microphone
- Looks a little flimsy
The PC30 is a fairly basic low-end PC headset but it does its job well
Price$ 54.95 (AUD)
Sitting at the low end of the Sennheiser PC headset range, the PC30 is a simple and efficient option for those on a budget. The lower price tag translates to fewer features than other Sennheiser headsets and the build quality is also less sturdy. However, it still delivers adequate sound and has a more than adequate microphone pick up.
The PC30 is an over the head design with two earpieces attached via a retractable plastic headband. The earpieces sit flat against the ear and as such are not as encompassing as the larger PC 161. From the left earpiece an arm protrudes, which houses the microphone.
Since this is primarily a VOIP or gaming product, we tested the item using Skype and testing PC gaming using a Ventrillo voice server. In both cases we were pleased with the results. The sound was clear, albeit a little faint, and voice was picked up well without too much background noise.
Due to its positioning over the ear, the earpieces leak quite a bit of sound, so if you are looking for something whisper quiet, you will be disappointed. However, despite looking rather flimsy and uncomfortable, we were able to use them for hours on end without feeling any discomfort, a problem we noticed on the PC 161 and the PC141.
On the whole, this isn't the most remarkable PC headset on the market. It performed well considering its position in the Sennheiser line up and had no really poor qualities to speak of.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC