- Good sound, More than adequate microphone
- Looks a little flimsy
The PC30 is a fairly basic low-end PC headset but it does its job well
Price$ 54.95 (AUD)
Sitting at the low end of the Sennheiser PC headset range, the PC30 is a simple and efficient option for those on a budget. The lower price tag translates to fewer features than other Sennheiser headsets and the build quality is also less sturdy. However, it still delivers adequate sound and has a more than adequate microphone pick up.
The PC30 is an over the head design with two earpieces attached via a retractable plastic headband. The earpieces sit flat against the ear and as such are not as encompassing as the larger PC 161. From the left earpiece an arm protrudes, which houses the microphone.
Since this is primarily a VOIP or gaming product, we tested the item using Skype and testing PC gaming using a Ventrillo voice server. In both cases we were pleased with the results. The sound was clear, albeit a little faint, and voice was picked up well without too much background noise.
Due to its positioning over the ear, the earpieces leak quite a bit of sound, so if you are looking for something whisper quiet, you will be disappointed. However, despite looking rather flimsy and uncomfortable, we were able to use them for hours on end without feeling any discomfort, a problem we noticed on the PC 161 and the PC141.
On the whole, this isn't the most remarkable PC headset on the market. It performed well considering its position in the Sennheiser line up and had no really poor qualities to speak of.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 2 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Delve, Office Graph must transcend Office 365 to be revolutionary
- EMC reportedly held merger talks with Hewlett-Packard
- Microsoft pushes back Xbox One release date in China
- Microsoft, Getty copyright dispute heads for mediation
- Here’s how to identify different cuts of meat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.