- Good sound, More than adequate microphone
- Looks a little flimsy
The PC30 is a fairly basic low-end PC headset but it does its job well
Price$ 54.95 (AUD)
Sitting at the low end of the Sennheiser PC headset range, the PC30 is a simple and efficient option for those on a budget. The lower price tag translates to fewer features than other Sennheiser headsets and the build quality is also less sturdy. However, it still delivers adequate sound and has a more than adequate microphone pick up.
The PC30 is an over the head design with two earpieces attached via a retractable plastic headband. The earpieces sit flat against the ear and as such are not as encompassing as the larger PC 161. From the left earpiece an arm protrudes, which houses the microphone.
Since this is primarily a VOIP or gaming product, we tested the item using Skype and testing PC gaming using a Ventrillo voice server. In both cases we were pleased with the results. The sound was clear, albeit a little faint, and voice was picked up well without too much background noise.
Due to its positioning over the ear, the earpieces leak quite a bit of sound, so if you are looking for something whisper quiet, you will be disappointed. However, despite looking rather flimsy and uncomfortable, we were able to use them for hours on end without feeling any discomfort, a problem we noticed on the PC 161 and the PC141.
On the whole, this isn't the most remarkable PC headset on the market. It performed well considering its position in the Sennheiser line up and had no really poor qualities to speak of.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW