Sennheiser PC 111
- Design, adjustable microphone, volume and on/off controls, shirt clip
- Long cord easily tangles, susceptible to background noise, some sound leakage
A stylish, over-the-ear VoIP headset, the PC 111 is a solid, if not outstanding product that should serve most users well.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PC 111 is an over the ear Internet telephony headset that features an adjustable microphone, volume control and a compact design that can be worn on either ear, making it ideal for travellers.
The PC 111 works with any VoIP or instant messaging client including Skype, MSN and iChat and doesn't require any drivers to operate. It connects to your PC or Mac via a standard 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack. The only downside is that it becomes your computer's main audio source, much like it were a set of speakers. The benefit of this is that its use isn't just restricted to VoIP or messaging applications - although it isn't ideal for music or gaming as there is only a single earphone.
The PC 111 may be a basic device, but it's quite comfortable to wear. Our only complaint is that the cover's sponge material makes your ear quite hot, even during short listening sessions. Conveniently, the unit can be worn on either year by removing the ear clip, and re-attaching it the other way around. The microphone's plastic hinge glides smoothly, so it should adjust to fit anyone.
The microphone itself is loud and clear and a handy in-line volume control and on/off switch sweetens the deal. These controls can conveniently be clipped to your shirt and the three metre cable means you can sit well away from your PC or notebook and still be able to use the PC 111.
Sound quality is above average; calls using Skype were generally crisp and clear, while the microphone handled outgoing sound well. Keep in mind that the quality of any VoIP call depends on a number of factors out of your control, including the quality of your Internet connection. Overall, we preferred the in-ear PC 121, but this is a matter of personal opinion. Being an over the ear unit, the PC 111 is more susceptible to surrounding noise, while also leaking sound far easier.
Also included is a 2.5mm stereo jack, the same connection used on some mobile phones, meaning the PC 111 can be used for hands-free calling as well. We don't recommend this though, as the extra long cord will soon become tangled and cause some frustration. We'd advise to stick to Bluetooth or dedicated mobile phone headsets for hands-free mobile phone calls.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- FTSenior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop RolloutVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT