Sennheiser PC 121
- Design, build quality, adjustable microphone, volume and on/off controls, shirt clip
- Long cord easily tangles
The PC 121 is a stylish and well designed VoIP headset that can be used with any number of applications.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PC 121 is a stylish Internet telephony headset that features an adjustable microphone, volume control and a compact design that can be worn on either ear, making it ideal for travellers.
A great accessory for any VoIP or instant messaging client including Skype, MSN and iChat, the PC 121, doesn't require any drivers to operate. It connects to your PC or Mac via a standard 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack. The only downside is that it becomes your computer's main audio source - as if it were a set of speakers.
The PC 121 is a basic product, but its refreshing design means it's comfortable to wear. Although the ear clip can't be removed, it can be flipped around so the headset can be worn on your left or right ear. The plastic hinge glides smoothly and along with the adjustable, tilting microphone, the PC 121 really gives the aura of a well designed and built product.
The microphone itself is loud and clear and a handy in-line volume control and on/off switch sweetens the deal. These controls can conveniently be clipped to your shirt and the three metre cable means you can sit well away from your PC or notebook and still be able to use the PC 121.
Sound quality is above average; calls using Skype were generally crisp and clear, while the microphone handled outgoing sound well. Keep in mind that the quality of any VoIP call depends on a number of factors out of your control, including the quality of your Internet connection.
Also included is a 2.5mm stereo jack, the same connection used on some mobile phones, meaning the PC 121 can be used for hands-free calling too. Although this is a nice thought, you'll soon become frustrated with the extra long cable tangling, so we recommend sticking to Bluetooth or dedicated mobile phone headsets for hands-free mobile phone calls.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTJunior DevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTIT Business Process Analyst x 3 - (government background)NSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTProject AnalystACT
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk Support Analyst x3QLD
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- FTSecurity Lead / ConsultantNSW
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Data Warehouse/ Statistical projectNSW
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- FTPerformance Tester and Automation Tester (Brisbane-based)ACT