Sennheiser PXC 210 BT wireless headphones
These foldable wireless headphones have perfect Bluetooth sound quality
- Portable, can be used wired or wirelessly, great sound quality through Bluetooth
- Expensive, poor acoustic noise-cancellation
Sennheiser's PXC 210 BT wireless headphones provide great sound quality even when connected via Bluetooth, though they don't offer the active noise-cancellation of more expensive models.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT is a set of Bluetooth wireless headphones with integrated playback and volume buttons — allowing complete hands-free control of your music on your iPhone, iPod Touch or other Bluetooth-capable media player or phone.
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT headphones look similar to the more expensive MM 450 Travel — they both use the same slightly bulging headband with foldable on-ear cups — but the PXC 210 BT lacks active noise-cancellation and an integrated microphone for taking hands-free telephone calls. As a result, however, the PXC 210 BT has a longer battery life of 12 hours. A wall charger is supplied but the headphones can also be charged via your computer's USB port.
We tested the Sennheiser PXC 210 BT headphones in a noisy office and while commuting, and found the fit to be almost spot-on. At 105g the headphones are almost twice as heavy as the MM 450 Travel, but this doesn't significantly affect comfort and we didn't notice any fatigue after continued listening. Sennheiser quotes the maximum range of the Bluetooth connection as being less than 10 metres but we found there were a few metres of leeway.
Sound quality is great when using Bluetooth: there's a pleasing amount of bass versatility from the small drivers, detailed mid-range and slightly recessed treble (which is nevertheless clean and clear). After loving the noise-cancellation of the MM 450 Travel we were slightly disappointed to find that the cheaper PXC 210 BT's passive noise-cancellation wasn't nearly as competent. If you work in a loud office or commute on a crowded train, you'll need to crank the volume to drown out external noise.
You pay a premium for the Sennheiser PXC 210 BT's Bluetooth connectivity and portability, but in our opinion they're worth the outline.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple slates March 21 event, with 4-in. iPhone likely on the stage
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Dell agrees to acquire EMC for US$67 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC