Sennheiser RS 130
- Comfortable, provides surround sound, good audio quality
- Prone to interference from solid objects
Sennheiser's surround sound wireless headphones offer great audio quality a reasonable price.
Price$ 299.95 (AUD)
Sennheiser is a serious name in consumer and professional hi-fi, well renowned for its quality hardware, and the RS 130 surround sound wireless headphones don't disappoint. The kit includes a silver and black base station and matching headphones.
The base station only ships with an RCA connector, but a 3.5mm adaptor is included, providing compatibility with just about any analog device. The kit can cycle between three channels, so you should be able to set them up free from interference, too.
The base station offers a channel selector, surround sound switch, and a hook to hang the headphones when they're not in use. Three LEDs are also present to indicate charge, power and surround sound status. It is possible to switch between stereo and surround (SRS Headphone) sound modes. Metal tabs in the headphones interface with the hook to charge the batteries. The kit includes internal rechargeable nickel-metal hydride batteries (NiMH), which offer up to 22 hours of battery life.
The headphones themselves feature a power switch, volume adjuster and a tuning option. The large earpieces are relatively bulky, but lightweight (280g). The shape allows the headphones to grip the head tightly and form a good seal around the ears. The vented cans offer outstanding bass response and are extremely comfortable to wear for long periods of time thanks to the padded arch at the top of the headphones. Sennheiser claims a range of up to about 100m; however, we found the signal was prone to interference whenever we walked past a solid object like a wall. The headphones did operate flawlessly at short distances--up to around 25m--and offer a sound pressure level of 104dB and frequency response of 18Hz to 21,000Hz.
A comprehensive manual is bundled with the headphones, along with the portable music player/RCA adapter, base station and power adapter. The kit ships with a two-year warranty and offers good quality audio at a reasonable price.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- CCApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Designer - CiscoVIC
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW