Foto-Mosaik-Edda is a free program that will generate photo mosaics for you
- Free, does exactly what it's supposed to do
- Nothing of note
Foto-Mosaik-Edda is free, and it does exactly what it's supposed to do, and well. If you've got a ton of photos of your kids, and want to give a relative a one-of-a-kind gift to frame, give Foto-Mosaik-Edda a spin.
You know those posters that have an overall image, but if you look closer, that image is made up of hundreds of tiny photos? It's called a photo mosaic, and Foto-Mosaik-Edda is a free program that will generate them for you.
Start up Foto-Mosaik-Edda and point it toward a large photo collection. A few thousand photos is a good minimum. Add them to the database, then choose a single photo to make into a mosaic. That is what all these photos will be arranged to look like. You can fiddle with the photo density and many other options, then Foto-Mosaik-Edda gets to work.
It takes several minutes, all told, but the end result is an impressive high-resolution mosaic, suitable for a poster if you take it to Kinko's. Foto-Mosaik-Edda even includes a simple photo viewer that easily zooms in and out, so you can see each individual photo as well as the entire mosaic.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Ghost Linux vulnerability can be exploited through WordPress, other PHP apps
- BT to test 500Mbps broadband over copper in two towns
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, January 30
- Military-funded robots can learn by watching YouTube
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.