Smart PC Utilities Vista Services Optimizer
A free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
- Nothing of note
The key to Vista Services Optimizer is the program's analysis and recommendations for turning off services, which we found to be useful and on target. This is a freebie that will speed up your (Vista) PC.
Vista Services Optimizer is a free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
Silently running in the background of your Vista PC are services that you don't need. These leeches slow your system down and increase your system's boot time. The free Vista Services Optimizer helps fix the problem, by analyzing your PC, telling you which you can safely turn off, and then turning them off for you.
Click the Services Diagnostics to start. You describe your PC - whether it's connected to a network, whether you use a digital camera, whether you have third-party anti-spyware and firewall, and so on.
Then Vista Services Optimizer checks the services that run in the background, and gives you a report that details which you can safely turn off.
You can then have the Vista Services Optimizer turn off all the unnecessary services for you, or you can use the program to turn them off manually, one at a time.
There are some nice extras in Vista Services Optimizer, too, such as a screen that shows you your CPU and RAM use.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD