Smart PC Utilities Vista Services Optimizer
A free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
- Nothing of note
The key to Vista Services Optimizer is the program's analysis and recommendations for turning off services, which we found to be useful and on target. This is a freebie that will speed up your (Vista) PC.
Vista Services Optimizer is a free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
Silently running in the background of your Vista PC are services that you don't need. These leeches slow your system down and increase your system's boot time. The free Vista Services Optimizer helps fix the problem, by analyzing your PC, telling you which you can safely turn off, and then turning them off for you.
Click the Services Diagnostics to start. You describe your PC - whether it's connected to a network, whether you use a digital camera, whether you have third-party anti-spyware and firewall, and so on.
Then Vista Services Optimizer checks the services that run in the background, and gives you a report that details which you can safely turn off.
You can then have the Vista Services Optimizer turn off all the unnecessary services for you, or you can use the program to turn them off manually, one at a time.
There are some nice extras in Vista Services Optimizer, too, such as a screen that shows you your CPU and RAM use.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW