Smart PC Utilities Vista Services Optimizer
A free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
- Nothing of note
The key to Vista Services Optimizer is the program's analysis and recommendations for turning off services, which we found to be useful and on target. This is a freebie that will speed up your (Vista) PC.
Vista Services Optimizer is a free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
Silently running in the background of your Vista PC are services that you don't need. These leeches slow your system down and increase your system's boot time. The free Vista Services Optimizer helps fix the problem, by analyzing your PC, telling you which you can safely turn off, and then turning them off for you.
Click the Services Diagnostics to start. You describe your PC - whether it's connected to a network, whether you use a digital camera, whether you have third-party anti-spyware and firewall, and so on.
Then Vista Services Optimizer checks the services that run in the background, and gives you a report that details which you can safely turn off.
You can then have the Vista Services Optimizer turn off all the unnecessary services for you, or you can use the program to turn them off manually, one at a time.
There are some nice extras in Vista Services Optimizer, too, such as a screen that shows you your CPU and RAM use.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCDomain Architect - 6 month contract, Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Test Analyst x2QLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW