Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200
- Incredible feature set, comfortable to hold, great for everyone
- A little bulky
A feature-packed bundle that is a great family purchase.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
This camera is packed full of features. It has the versatility to suit the whole family, from complete beginners to experienced photographers, as it offers a huge range of customisable options. You can have everything automated or maintain complete manual control.
Its auto-focus function is the first thing you notice. It's operated by half-depressing the photo button. There are a number of preset exposure options, set up to work in various situations--including fast action shots, water shots, snow shots and landscapes--and they make a noticeable difference to the image. You can apply a number of special effects, including black and white and sepia.
More professional photographers can also have full control with this camera, changing everything from exposure and focus, to shutter speed and lighting. There is a white-balancing feature, to help give your shots vibrant colour, and a flash control to ensure your photos aren't overly bright or washed out.
You also have great control over the end result, as you can rotate, resize and resave your photos with different quality settings. Similarly, your videos (which can be recorded in 640 x 480 at 30fps) can be chopped up and changed around on-camera. While this function is only basic, it can save a lot of time if all that is needed is a simple trim.
We were pleased with the quality of images in our testing; the photographs could have been a tad sharper, but colour saturation and contrast were great.
The camera comes with a 32MB Memory Stick, which is greater than what is provided with many models yet still inadequate. We would recommend at least 256MB, which can store roughly 67 high-quality images, as opposed to the nine that can fit on the default card.
The camera is easy to hold, with a finger groove and a curved side that fits naturally in the hand. Its aluminium exterior feels solid, if a little bulky compared to some other models.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT