- Good value, impressive 20X optical zoom lens
- Ordinary still image resolution, substantially larger than some other Sony DVD camcorders
Sony's DCRDVD602E is an easy-to-use, robustly built DVD camcorder that should satisfy anyone wanting to shoot video to view on the home TV.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
The DCRDVD602E is reasonably light, at around 500 grams with battery and DVD disc, and measures 12.7 x 10 x 5cm--thin enough to carry around in a coat pocket.
Conventionally styled, the Sony DCRDVD602E has a solid feel to it and would appeal to schools and families looking for a robust camcorder option, able to handle the rigours of heavy use.
Most of the controls are accessed via a flip-out, 2.5" touch panel screen. It provides access to a simple menu system. Settings such as exposure effects and custom white balance settings can be selected quickly, while a useful replication of the zoom and record/pause buttons on the left-hand side of the LCD panel gives you another option when shooting a scene.
The main selection switch allows you to quickly select whether you want to take a still picture, video or watch what you have recorded. Other buttons include a backlight and display button, as well as an 'easy' button which sets the camera to fully automatic.
Both digital still and video is recorded to the removable DVD media and should be compatible with most home DVD players, after finalising the disc. Both DVD -RW and +RW is supported by the camera, although for write-once media you can only use DVD-R.
The 2.5" LCD screen is bright and clear, even in direct sunlight. When the environment gets too bright, you can choose to use the optical viewfinder.
The DVD602E uses a quality Carl Zeiss lens with 20X optical zoom and produces accurate colour, with good saturation. It can take stills and record them to DVD, but only at a maximum resolution of 640 x 480.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC