First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Megapixel still images, large 2.7' LCD screen
- Only 12X optical zoom
The DCRDVD703E is a well-designed DVD camcorder with very good audio features.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 7 stores)
The Sony DCRDVD703E offers some truly useful features that help distinguish it from the other Sony models and its competitors. It handles as well as many MiniDV tape based camcorders.
The DCRDVD703E has a 2.7" widescreen LCD, allowing you to view video in a 16:9 aspect ratio--which is quickly becoming the standard for home entertainment. An optical viewfinder, with dioptric adjustment, is available if you need to work in adverse lighting conditions.
The Sony supports DVD-R/RW and +RW media. It uses a quality Carl Zeiss lens with a 12X optical zoom, although if you want a little more zoom, you may want to consider the Sony DCRDVD653E with its 20X optical zoom.
The Sony is one of the few cameras with support for decent stills (though still not nearly up to the standard of dedicated still cameras). The one megapixel image that the DVD702E creates won't give you an 8" x 10" photo print, but you should be able to get a reasonable 5" x 7" print without too much trouble.
Sound on the Sony DCRDVD703E is very good in the standard configuration, with full stereo audio support. If you add the optional microphone, you can get five channel Dolby Surround sound--this is one accessory that is actually worth getting. A hot shoe connection allows you to add accessories such as an external microphone or light.
Latest News Articles
- Oracle builds on BlueKai acquisition with Data Cloud
- Apple gets patent on iTime smart watch
- Dating app Wyldfire tries to avoid creeps by letting women take the lead
- Tor Project working to fix weakness that can unmask users
- Hands on with Xiaomi's Mi 4, a high-end handset, with an iPhone look
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.