- looks and picture
- much advertised internet ready is not actually so
- • • •
Looks, cost and picture is awsum.
USB ready and other features are too too good.
Gives crisp pictures.
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX420 LED TV (preview)
A 720p Sony TV with Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video
- It'll be cheap, Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video at this price is impressive
- It's not 1080p
The Sony BRAVIA EX420 series is a cheap LED TV but it still has Sony's Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video Web services. It only has a 720p screen, however -- surprising when you can buy 1080p screens for peanuts these days.
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
- 40 (101cm) Full High Definition Smart LED LCD ... 699.00
Sony's EX420 series of BRAVIA LCD TVs don't use 1080p panels — instead, they're 720p and use an edge LED backlight. No Wi-Fi is built in but the EX420 does have an energy-saving Presence Sensor that cuts power to the screen when no-one is in the room.
Like almost all of Sony's other BRAVIA TVs for 2011, the EX420 has Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video, the Web features that will let you stream both linear Internet TV channels and a huge library of video on demand. These features are on the best Sony TVs, the BRAVIA HX820 and BRAVIA HX925, but we didn't expect them in such a budget display as the EX420.
The Sony BRAVIA EX420 will be sold in 32in and 40in sizes. Both the 40in Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX420 and the 32in Sony BRAVIA KDL-32EX420 will go on sale in March.
Latest News Articles
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 47% off $770
- 90% off $2.98
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »