The first Patapon was an infectiously addictive title that perfectly combined rhythm and strategy gaming
- Amazing visuals, tons of content, same great Patapon gameplay
- Somewhat limited multiplayer modes, the game definitely needs more songs!
There's no doubt that Patapon 2 is as graphically stylish and addictive as the first game. It retains the core gameplay that you love while adding a ton of new features and concepts. Get it and you'll soon find yourself humming the various Pon songs as you go about your daily business. Just know you're not the only one.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The first Patapon was an infectiously addictive title that perfectly combined rhythm and strategy gaming into one sweet package. Now, the sequel is here and it has me chanting with joy all over again. With more content and gameplay, it's a must-have title for PSP owners.
A Fever You Can't Sweat
The first Patapon concluded with the lovable Pons sailing away into distance, victorious and free. The sequel finds the Pons shipwrecked on a strange new land after a heated battle with a sea creature; unfortunately for our plucky little heroes, this land is also inhabited by the masked beings known as the Karmen. You take on the role of the Pon leader who must deal with the antagonistic villains while figuring out a way to resume your journey towards Earthend.
If you loved the original then get ready because Patapon 2 offers a whopping 80 missions as well as an array of mini-games. The main mode retains the feel of the original, with you marching your Pons across the playing field using various drum beats. Each action, whether it's advancing your troops or attacking an enemy, has a different pattern that you have to beat out on your drums. The mini-games, which are incredibly fun and cute, are a welcome diversion but they also reward you with supplies and upgrades that will help you progress through main levels.
Patapon 2 also features the new Evolution Map which allows you to take an average Pon and upgrade him to be even more effective on the battlefield. You can evolve your Pons to be resistant to cold weather or grow them into extra large brutes. Special "memories" are also available to unlock advanced Pons such as the horse riding Kibapon and the freakishly large armed Robopons. The advanced Patapons get their own slot in the Legendary Memory menu and can be upgraded from there. Your Hero Pon can also be evolved into any type of Patapon including unlocked advanced Pons by switching out masks via the battle preparation menu.
There are also three multiplayer modes included as well. The first mode tasks you with escorting an egg to safety in a race against the clock and your fellow competitors. The second mode is similar except instead of escorting eggs you must seek them out. Lastly, we have the third mode which focuses solely on a rhythm production in order to woo the magical egg into opening.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCTechnical Team LeadSA
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW