Sony Sony ACID Pro 7
A powerful pro-level DAW package.
- Extensive feature list
- Trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insists on registering your name
The fully functional demo of Sony ACID Pro 7 shows off an easy-to-use interface and the program's multitude of pro-level features.
Sony ACID Pro 7 is a powerful pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation) package for music creation.
Neither the feature set nor the price are for amateurs — but if you're serious about making and mixing music, this is one of the DAW programs to consider.
Coming from a loop-based (using repeating sample files to create songs) background, Sony ACID Pro 7 takes a slightly different approach from heavyweights Steinberg's Cubase and Cakewalk's Sonar which started life as MIDI sequencers.
If you're working with and recording audio snippets, you might prefer Sony ACID Pro 7. If you use MIDI and record continuous performances, you might go for one of the latter programs.
Sony ACID Pro 7's feature list is far too extensive to list here, but the major capabilities include tons of loop-based music creation editing tools, multi-track audio recording and midi sequencing (including support for VSTi virtual instruments), video tracking, multiple bus output and inline track editing. If you don't know what all those are, you might check out some less expensive music software first.
We don't like to register names more than we have to, and don't appreciate the trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insistence on performing said procedure before using the program.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) speed up web browsing for users
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- Update to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides lets them automatically save recent files offline
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC