Sony Sony ACID Pro 7
A powerful pro-level DAW package.
- Extensive feature list
- Trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insists on registering your name
The fully functional demo of Sony ACID Pro 7 shows off an easy-to-use interface and the program's multitude of pro-level features.
Sony ACID Pro 7 is a powerful pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation) package for music creation.
Neither the feature set nor the price are for amateurs — but if you're serious about making and mixing music, this is one of the DAW programs to consider.
Coming from a loop-based (using repeating sample files to create songs) background, Sony ACID Pro 7 takes a slightly different approach from heavyweights Steinberg's Cubase and Cakewalk's Sonar which started life as MIDI sequencers.
If you're working with and recording audio snippets, you might prefer Sony ACID Pro 7. If you use MIDI and record continuous performances, you might go for one of the latter programs.
Sony ACID Pro 7's feature list is far too extensive to list here, but the major capabilities include tons of loop-based music creation editing tools, multi-track audio recording and midi sequencing (including support for VSTi virtual instruments), video tracking, multiple bus output and inline track editing. If you don't know what all those are, you might check out some less expensive music software first.
We don't like to register names more than we have to, and don't appreciate the trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insistence on performing said procedure before using the program.
Struggling for Christmas presents this year? Check out our Christmas Gift Guide for some top tech suggestions and more.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 2 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 3 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
- 4 Asus Zenbook UX303LN Ultrabook
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Gmail appears to have been blocked by China at IP level
- 'The Interview' already Sony Pictures' top online film ever
- Sony: PlayStation Network is back online now, really
- Reports: North Korea's Internet access, mobile networks down
- PlayStation Network recovering after outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.