Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0
- User-friendly interface, interactive help and a large collection of audio effects
- The Vocal Eraser doesn't complete remove vocal sound
It's refreshing not to have to pay top whack for audio-editing software. With Sony Sound Forge 9.0's range of tools you can produce decent results on a budget.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
If you're new to audio editing software, or fancy trying your hand at combining audio and video, Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 allows you to experiment for under $170.
Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0's simplistic interface makes it easy to find your way around and the user-friendly toolbar features buttons providing quick access to the most common areas of the application.
It also offers the tools to experiment with synching video and soundtracks, making controlling playback precisely whilst viewing the results in Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0's Video Preview window easy.
For those karaoke crooners, Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 has the ability to create your own karaoke tracks by removing vocals using the Vocal Eraser with presets for different recording situations. It is quite effective, although the vocals can be heard slightly more than we had hoped. Collections of old damaged vinyl and cassettes can also be recovered and enhanced using the new Vinyl Recording and Restoration tool.
The Show Me How tutorials allow you to discover Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0's main topics and learn skills interactively. The Show Me How button is quickly accessible from the main toolbar, which enables you to choose your tutorial topic and follow the pointers and guides.
There are 1,001 sound effects, and 30 further professional effects such as reverb, delay and chorus to enhance your projects. Snapping has also been enhanced in Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0, as has the colour customisation in the display preferences which allow you to set custom colours for the graphics within the application. Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 also now supports high-resolution 24-bit files and sound cards for a better quality of audio.
Whether you want to edit and enhance existing files or capture audio directly from a live source, it's easy to carry out. The added bonus is that the quality of the results is impressive for such an affordable package suitable for both beginners and even more experienced audio editors. New features in Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 also make it quicker to achieve professional recordings and allow you to customise the software to perform how you desire.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior Business Analyst / Project Coordinator dual roleVIC
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC