- Design, easy to pair with a Bluetooth device, convenient, decent audio quality
The TMR-BT10 is a convenient device, but its asking price is a little steep
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The Sony TMR-BT10 is a portable stereo transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack of any device, and wirelessly transmits a stereo audio signal to a compatible A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) unit. It features a shirt clip and is charged via an included AC docking station, but despite the convenience, the asking price is a little steep.
The BT10 adds wireless stereo streaming functionality to any music device with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so it's ideal for portable audio devices such as iPods. It allows users to stream their music to any compatible A2DP Bluetooth product, including headphones, or portable speaker systems.
The unit is easy to set up; users simply plug it into the headphone jack of their portable multimedia player and then pair the unit with the device they want to use. Turning on the BT10 automatically places it into pairing mode, and the unit starts searching for a Bluetooth receiving device within range (about 10 metres or so). If a password input is required on the receiving device, the BT10 uses the default '0000' code; if not, then the device automatically pairs. Overall, pairing the BT10 is a very simple process that only takes a couple of minutes.
Once a connection is established, music is ready to be streamed. We used an iPod nano (2nd Generation) and the Sony SRS-BTM30 to stream our music and the results were favourable. Audio quality is above average, although certainly not as crisp as using your music player with a regular set of headphones. We did notice a slight hissing noise in the background, but it was only evident at high volume levels and wasn't a huge issue.
The design of the unit is noteworthy, as it measures just 167mm x 34mm x 16mm and weighs only 27g. It is easy to clip to your pocket and forget about, which is quite convenient. The unit is finished in a stylish black and chrome plastic and despite its small size, Sony still managed to squeeze power and initalise buttons onto it. There are also two LED indicator lights (red and blue), showing power status and communication status respectively. The audio in plug can be stretched to about one metre in length.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTProcurement Project ManagerACT
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- TPLead TesterNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation Manager ContractNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Marketing Analyst | Immediate startVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTApplication Security SpecialistVIC
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC