Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone
The Sony Ericsson F305 is a motion-sensitive mobile phone that has an FM tuner
- Looks good, wide variety of games, well-built, expandable memory
- Motion sensing is not effective, small number keys are too firm
If you're looking for a mobile phone that you can play a wide variety of games on, then the motion-sensing Sony Ericsson F305 might be for you.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson F305 is a Boost Mobile-exclusive, motion-sensitive mobile phone. This slider handset has a 2-megapixel camera, an FM radio tuner and the ability to play MP3s.
The Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone sports an attractive white design and is well-built. An eight-way control pad sits on the front of the slider, and there is a proprietary headphone/charging port on the left side. The 2-megapixel camera sits on the back of the handset above the battery, and a Memory Stick Micro (M2) card slot can be found on the top.
One of the key features being spruiked by the Boost Mobile is the Sony Ericsson F305's "Wiistyle gaming experience". The Sims 2 and Need for Speed: Prostreet are just two of the Java-based games that are included, and both are easy to control with the "gaming pad" control wheel. The 512MB M2 card that comes bundled with the Sony Ericsson F305 includes 50 extra games.
Unfortunately the "motion sensing" of the Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone isn't very effective, and we found it unable to detect anything but the most violent movements. Bowling and Basshunter are just two of the motion-intensive games included, and we found that varying the level of handset shaking did little to improve or lower our scores.
The number keys are small and have very little bounce-back. This means that you often don't know if you've properly hit a key. The numbers on the top row (1, 2 and 3) are the firmest and most troublesome.
The signal quality of the FM tuner is good, and the phone's ability to recognise songs being played on the radio (using TrackID) is a definite plus. By recording a segment of music and uploading it to the TrackID service, you can find out the name of the song and other details. The service is free to use, but data costs still apply.
Call quality is good considering the phone's $199 price tag. Volume levels are fine and we didn't notice any excessive static during our testing.
According to Sony Ericsson, the F305 mobile phone has an estimated talk time of 480min and a standby time of 700 hours.
Boost Mobile offers the Sony Ericsson F305 as part of a prepaid bundle for $199. The sales package includes the handset, a Boost SIM pack, a charger and a stereo headset with a built-in microphone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 4 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 5 Motorola Moto E review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW