Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435
- Comfortable, Excellent sound quality, Basic features
- Not visually appealing, No display
The HBH-GV435 should satisfy those who need a fairly basic Bluetooth headset with excellent sound quality - both indoors and out.
Price$ 124.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435 is a compact Bluetooth headset that requires just three small buttons to operate. Despite having a rather large ear hook, the HBH-GV435 is surprisingly comfortable and offers excellent sound quality.
We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort levels of the HBH-GV435, especially considering its chunky ear hook. Unlike many other Bluetooth headsets, the HBH-GV435 doesn't sit inside your ear or use an ear plug; it sits just outside, with audio provided by a small speaker. This means you can't detach the ear hook like some other units. Despite this issue, the ear hook doesn't affect comfort levels, so you shouldn't need to worry about it.
The HBH-GV435 isn't really what we would describe as visually appealing, but thankfully it performs well. The unit has a simple black and silver design, with a Sony Ericsson logo dominating the earpiece. Once hooked over your ear (the design enables both left and right eared use) and adjusted for an optimal fit, the HBH-GV435 is quite pleasing to use with all the buttons in easily accessible places.
The minimalist controls make the GV-435 easy to operate. Unfortunately there is no display screen, but a power button, a call handling button and a volume control key are present, as well as an indicator light to let you know the status of the headset. A constant red light denotes that the unit is charging, green means it is fully charged, while a flashing green light indicates that the HBH-GV435 is currently connected to a mobile phone.
The best feature of this unit is sound quality and we were pleased to report that it functions quite well indoors. However outside was even better; despite traffic noise the quality and volume was excellent. Calls were crisp and clear with very good detail for a Bluetooth device.
Once paired, the HBH-GV435 not only enables you to send and receive calls, but you can use voice dialling tags (provided your phone supports them) and redial the last dialled phone number as well. You can also mute the headsets microphone, transfer sound from the headset to your phone and check the battery status - once again thanks to the flashing indicator lights.
According to Sony Ericsson figures, the HBH-GV435 provides eight hours talk time and 300 hours of standby time. Recharging is possible via the included AC adapter.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTHyperion SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Solution Architect, Supply ChainNSW
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT