Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435
- Comfortable, Excellent sound quality, Basic features
- Not visually appealing, No display
The HBH-GV435 should satisfy those who need a fairly basic Bluetooth headset with excellent sound quality - both indoors and out.
Price$ 124.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435 is a compact Bluetooth headset that requires just three small buttons to operate. Despite having a rather large ear hook, the HBH-GV435 is surprisingly comfortable and offers excellent sound quality.
We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort levels of the HBH-GV435, especially considering its chunky ear hook. Unlike many other Bluetooth headsets, the HBH-GV435 doesn't sit inside your ear or use an ear plug; it sits just outside, with audio provided by a small speaker. This means you can't detach the ear hook like some other units. Despite this issue, the ear hook doesn't affect comfort levels, so you shouldn't need to worry about it.
The HBH-GV435 isn't really what we would describe as visually appealing, but thankfully it performs well. The unit has a simple black and silver design, with a Sony Ericsson logo dominating the earpiece. Once hooked over your ear (the design enables both left and right eared use) and adjusted for an optimal fit, the HBH-GV435 is quite pleasing to use with all the buttons in easily accessible places.
The minimalist controls make the GV-435 easy to operate. Unfortunately there is no display screen, but a power button, a call handling button and a volume control key are present, as well as an indicator light to let you know the status of the headset. A constant red light denotes that the unit is charging, green means it is fully charged, while a flashing green light indicates that the HBH-GV435 is currently connected to a mobile phone.
The best feature of this unit is sound quality and we were pleased to report that it functions quite well indoors. However outside was even better; despite traffic noise the quality and volume was excellent. Calls were crisp and clear with very good detail for a Bluetooth device.
Once paired, the HBH-GV435 not only enables you to send and receive calls, but you can use voice dialling tags (provided your phone supports them) and redial the last dialled phone number as well. You can also mute the headsets microphone, transfer sound from the headset to your phone and check the battery status - once again thanks to the flashing indicator lights.
According to Sony Ericsson figures, the HBH-GV435 provides eight hours talk time and 300 hours of standby time. Recharging is possible via the included AC adapter.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle RDBMS) 160908/AP/510Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC