Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact and stylish. It also offers good sound quality for its price.
- Compact, decent build quality, easy to use, reasonable call quality
- Can be uncomfortable for long calls, incoming audio fluctuates
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact, features a minimalist design and provides reasonable call quality, though it doesn't offer a wealth of features.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
A basic and affordable Bluetooth headset, Sony Ericsson's HBH-PV715 does the job with a minimum of fuss and provides good audio quality.
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 is one of the smallest Bluetooth headsets available. It has a gloss black front and matte black casing on its rear; it is very minimalist. Despite the fairly compact size, the plastic casing feels solid and the HBH-PV715 is well built.
The ear-bud design of the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset means it can be worn without an ear hook if you desire, though there are two different sized clip-on ear hooks included in the sales package. Although the rubber edge around the ear bud softens its feel against your skin, the ear-bud style may be a little uncomfortable for some users. We didn't have too many issues using the HBH-PV715 without an ear hook, but for prolonged conversations, using the clip on ear hook is recommended. Conveniently, the Bluetooth headset can be worn on either ear.
Operating the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is quite simple. There are only three buttons: a tiny power button on the back, a call handling button on the front and side volume controls. Pairing the headset is effortless, as it automatically enters pairing mode when you switch it on for the first time and remembers the pairing each time it is switched on.
Audio quality isn't outstanding, but it's fine for everyday use. Outgoing audio is excellent: our callers were impressed by the clarity of the microphone and the volume levels. Incoming audio is slightly less appealing — volume tended to fluctuate occasionally and wasn't as loud as we'd have liked, especially in areas with background noise. Keep in mind that the performance of any Bluetooth headset will also depend on the quality of your mobile phone.
In addition to the regular call-handling functions, the HBH-PV715 allows you to redial the last called number, transfer the sound from the headset to your phone and vice versa and activate voice dialling ( provided this feature is supported on your phone).
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities; lays off 1850 staff
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW