Sony Ericsson MRC-60
- Remote control, design, ease of use
- Doesn't double as USB dock
The MRC-60 is a straightforward solution to playing music on your mobile phone through your home stereo setup.
Price$ 82.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson MRC-60 is a handy accessory that allows you to connect your mobile phone to a home stereo and control it via a remote control. The MRC-60 can control both the media player and FM radio of your phone, and the cradle doubles as a charging dock.
The MRC-60 is a really simple device; dock your phone in the cradle, plug the included RCA stereo cable into your home theatre and press play on the remote control. Ease of use is apparent, and the setup is quick and easy. Also included in the sales package is an AC charger, which plugs into the rear of the cradle next to the stereo cable. Connecting the charger means your phone will be charged every time you dock it in the cradle.
Unfortunately, despite the presence of a proprietary Sony Ericsson port, the MMC-60 doesn't double as a USB connection to your PC. We felt this would have been an excellent inclusion; specifically for those with media centre PCs. Not only could you have the phone plugged into your stereo, but it could also be synchronised with your media centre, allowing new music to be uploaded easily.
The remote control is small and compact and it includes a five-way navigational pad, answer and end call keys (for answering a call with speakerphone) as well as a source button, for switching between the multimedia player and the FM radio on your phone. The buttons do require a fair press to operate, and they are fairly flat, but overall, the remote is quite intuitive. Conveniently, holding down the previous/next buttons in the FM radio function automatically searches for frequencies.
The design of the MRC-60 is sleek and flashy, and it matched our K810i review handset perfectly. The purple light at the bottom of the cradle is a nice touch, and each time the remoter is pressed, the light flashes to indicate activity. It is compatible with the K530i, K800i, K810i, K850i, W660i, W850i and W960i handsets.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- FTProject Manager - Finance BackgroundQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperACT
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSnr Security Architect - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW