Sony Ericsson txt pro mobile phone (preview)
Sony Ericsson txt pro: Sony Ericsson brings a full QWERTY keyboard to the entry-level pre-paid market
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Friends app
- No 3G
- No third-party apps
Sony Ericsson's txt pro aims to bring a QWERTY keyboard to the pre-paid end of the market, but it runs a proprietary operating system rather than Google's Android platform
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Sony Ericsson has recently focussed on delivering XPERIA branded handsets that run Google's Android operating system, but the txt pro is an entirely different beast — it runs a proprietary operating system.
Read our reviews of other top Sony Ericsson phones.
According to Sony Ericsson, the txt pro is designed for messaging and social networking. It comes with a "friends application" that enables users to add their five best friends to see Facebook and Twitter updates at a glance. The lack of 3G connectivity will hinder mobile Internet use, but the txt pro does come with Wi-Fi.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro has a 3in touchscreen with a resolution of 240x400, and the interface looks similar to the XPERIA X10 Mini. It features four shortcuts on each corner of the home screen for quick access and is described by Sony Ericsson as a "corner user interface".
The Sony Ericsson txt pro also features a 3.2-megapixel camera that doubles as a video recorder, and comes in black, white and pink colours.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro will be available in selected markets from Q3, but an Australian release date has not been announced.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW