Sony Ericsson txt pro mobile phone (preview)
Sony Ericsson txt pro: Sony Ericsson brings a full QWERTY keyboard to the entry-level pre-paid market
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Friends app
- No 3G
- No third-party apps
Sony Ericsson's txt pro aims to bring a QWERTY keyboard to the pre-paid end of the market, but it runs a proprietary operating system rather than Google's Android platform
Sony Ericsson has recently focussed on delivering XPERIA branded handsets that run Google's Android operating system, but the txt pro is an entirely different beast — it runs a proprietary operating system.
Read our reviews of other top Sony Ericsson phones.
According to Sony Ericsson, the txt pro is designed for messaging and social networking. It comes with a "friends application" that enables users to add their five best friends to see Facebook and Twitter updates at a glance. The lack of 3G connectivity will hinder mobile Internet use, but the txt pro does come with Wi-Fi.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro has a 3in touchscreen with a resolution of 240x400, and the interface looks similar to the XPERIA X10 Mini. It features four shortcuts on each corner of the home screen for quick access and is described by Sony Ericsson as a "corner user interface".
The Sony Ericsson txt pro also features a 3.2-megapixel camera that doubles as a video recorder, and comes in black, white and pink colours.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro will be available in selected markets from Q3, but an Australian release date has not been announced.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW