Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro Android phone (preview)
Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro preview: The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro has a HDMI-out port and also features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard, HDMI-out port, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Bravia graphics engine, 8-megapixel camera with Exmor R camera sensor
- Paltry 320MB of internal memory, no announced release date for Australia
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro Android phone is essentially the XPERIA Neo with the addition of a slide-out, physical keyboard. The XPERIA Neo Pro is heavily focussed on entertainment, with a built-in HDMI port, a Bravia graphics engine, and an 8-megapixel camera.
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- Dark Purple Genuine Leather Wallet Case for Son... 19.95
Android phones are all the rage at the moment, and most of the standout handsets have featured touchscreen keyboards. Sony Ericsson is attempting to change this with the launch of the XPERIA Neo Pro; an entertainment and multimedia focussed smartphone that has a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
Read reviews of other top Sony Ericsson phones.
Check out the best upcoming smartphones in 2011.
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro's slide-out keyboard has what the company calls "smart functions" that aim to speed up text input. These include "Type & Send" functionality that eliminates the need to open a dedicated app for each message, and "Smart Keyboard", which activates predictive messaging when the slider is opened.
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro smartphone features a 3.7in display with a resolution of 854x480, an 8-megapixel rear camera that doubles as a 720p HD video recorder, and a 2-megapixel front camera for video calls. The XPERIA Neo Pro is powered by a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, has 512MB of RAM but strangely just 320MB of internal memory; though there is a microSD card slot for extra storage.
Featuring a similar design to Sony Ericsson's disappointing Vivaz smartphone, the XPERIA Neo Pro is claimed to deliver an "exceptional multimedia experience." The Android-powered smartphone uses Sony's Bravia graphics engine in order to produce smoother video playback, and has an Exmor R camera sensor that claims to take better photographs in dim light. The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro has a built-in HDMI-out port, allowing the phone to connect to a high-definition television to view multimedia content.
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro also targets business users with the pre-loaded Office Suite Pro application that enables viewing and editing office documents. The XPERIA Neo Android phone is constructed of glossy plastic, and features a curved body designed to make it comfortable to hold. It runs the 2.3 Gingerbread version of Google's Android platform.
Sony Ericsson has not confirmed whether the XPERIA Neo Pro Android phone will be released in Australia, and pricing has yet to be announced. Telstra has already revealed that the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo — essentially the XPERIA Neo Pro without a QWERTY keyboard — will launch in Australia sometime in the first half of 2011.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT