Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro Android phone (preview)
Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro preview: The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro has a HDMI-out port and also features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard, HDMI-out port, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Bravia graphics engine, 8-megapixel camera with Exmor R camera sensor
- Paltry 320MB of internal memory, no announced release date for Australia
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro Android phone is essentially the XPERIA Neo with the addition of a slide-out, physical keyboard. The XPERIA Neo Pro is heavily focussed on entertainment, with a built-in HDMI port, a Bravia graphics engine, and an 8-megapixel camera.
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
Android phones are all the rage at the moment, and most of the standout handsets have featured touchscreen keyboards. Sony Ericsson is attempting to change this with the launch of the XPERIA Neo Pro; an entertainment and multimedia focussed smartphone that has a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
Read reviews of other top Sony Ericsson phones.
Check out the best upcoming smartphones in 2011. The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro's slide-out keyboard has what the company calls "smart functions" that aim to speed up text input. These include "Type & Send" functionality that eliminates the need to open a dedicated app for each message, and "Smart Keyboard", which activates predictive messaging when the slider is opened.
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro smartphone features a 3.7in display with a resolution of 854x480, an 8-megapixel rear camera that doubles as a 720p HD video recorder, and a 2-megapixel front camera for video calls. The XPERIA Neo Pro is powered by a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, has 512MB of RAM but strangely just 320MB of internal memory; though there is a microSD card slot for extra storage.
Featuring a similar design to Sony Ericsson's disappointing Vivaz smartphone, the XPERIA Neo Pro is claimed to deliver an "exceptional multimedia experience." The Android-powered smartphone uses Sony's Bravia graphics engine in order to produce smoother video playback, and has an Exmor R camera sensor that claims to take better photographs in dim light. The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro has a built-in HDMI-out port, allowing the phone to connect to a high-definition television to view multimedia content.
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo Pro also targets business users with the pre-loaded Office Suite Pro application that enables viewing and editing office documents. The XPERIA Neo Android phone is constructed of glossy plastic, and features a curved body designed to make it comfortable to hold. It runs the 2.3 Gingerbread version of Google's Android platform.
Sony Ericsson has not confirmed whether the XPERIA Neo Pro Android phone will be released in Australia, and pricing has yet to be announced. Telstra has already revealed that the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo — essentially the XPERIA Neo Pro without a QWERTY keyboard — will launch in Australia sometime in the first half of 2011.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Not all Lumia smartphones will get an upgrade to Windows 10
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW