South Fremantle iiQuota iPhone app
Keep track of your broadband Internet and mobile phone usage on your iPhone
- Attractive user interface, quick and easy navigation, up to nine profiles
- Minor navigation inconsistencies, could do with more ISP and mobile carrier support, relatively expensive
If you always find yourself in danger of going over your data or mobile cap, iiQuota will let you check your usage while on the move.
Price$ 3.99 (AUD)
If you need to keep track of your mobile phone or broadband usage, the iiQuota iPhone app is a simple and attractive solution. Its $3.99 price tag is relatively high for an iPhone app, but it does support a range of providers.
You can use it to see how much you've downloaded with your mobile broadband modem, for example, or if you're about to get slugged with massive fees for too much Web browsing on your iPhone. It can also track how much credit you have left on your mobile plan; handy if you're worried about exceeding your cap.
Some developers might be attempting to change the world with groundbreaking iPhone apps, but iiQuota's goal is downright simple: track Internet and mobile phone usage. The application is simple and surprisingly elegant: two horizontal gauges provide peak and offpeak data/time usage data in a similar fashion to iTunes' familiar capacity gauges, while a small pie chart displays the remaining time in the given billing period. The dark motif doesn't entirely blend with the rest of the iPhone user interface but it is still attractive.
The current version of iiQuota supports seven mobile phone and broadband providers, including iiNet, Optus Broadband, Optus Mobile, BigPond, Telstra Mobile, Internode and Vodafone Mobile. The app's developer, SouthFreo Software, also promises support for TPG Mobile, TPG Broadband and Vodafone Prepay in a future version. We would have liked to see an even greater range of ISPs supported, but it is better than other current offerings in the App Store.
Conveniently, you aren't limited to viewing usage with a single provider. iiQuota allows you to have up to nine simultaneous user profiles with various service providers, and you can switch between them using two arrows at the top of the screen. One minor annoyance is that switching to an unconfigured profile automatically summons the user login screen and removes the navigation arrows. Though only a minor issue, it does force users to click twice in order to continue navigating.
Given that iiQuote does so little, there is little that can go wrong with it. Apart from one minor annoyance, iiQuota can easily become an irreplaceable tool for those who need to keep track of their Internet or mobile usage.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability
- New Google Home partnerships expand the smart speaker’s footprint in the smart home
- If Google Assistant isn't your thing, you can now talk to Cortana on the lock screen
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTHead of Architecture, Global Financial InstitutionNSW
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Marketing Analyst | Immediate startVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!QLD
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPFrontend Developer (React)NSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Engineer, UI focus, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FT.NET Developer -Australian Citizens with baseline clearanceNSW
- TPAPS6 Java DeveloperACT
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC