First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Stardock BootSkin 1.05a
Every day it's the same old thing; the black screen and that windows logo day in and day out. But what if you could change your windows load screen? What if there was a way to make it anything your heart desired? Thanks to Stardock there is a safe and easy way to customise your windows boot screen with BootSkin 1.05a.
- Small download, Simple interface, works a charm
- Not many BootSkins to choose from
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you.
BootSkin is a tiny program which take no time at all to set up. Once installed you can choose from five preset boot screens or head over to the BootSkin website to choose from a further 25. If you fancy yourself a bit of a designer you can also try your hand at making your own boot screens using the tools provided on the Stardock website.
We found the program extremely easy to use and had no problems downloading the extra skins from the website. However, the skins available are made by the modding community and, as such, they vary in quality. Some are good but many are just variations on skins already made available. With the right know-how involving graphic design, this would be a supremely useful program.
Since BootSkin doesn't change the Windows XP system files to accomplish its task, it is completely safe to use. We changed the boot screen ten times in a row and had no problems whatsoever.
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you. Although there aren't many skin choices on their website, it is still a great idea which has been executed well.
Latest News Articles
- Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone
- Imation 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android
- IN PICTURES: Game Masters exhibition explores history's most influential (+74 photos)
- South Korea court denies Samsung a ban on Apple's iPhone and iPad
- Banks shouldn't rely on mobile SMS passcodes, security firm says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Software and ServicesView all »
- SecurityView all »
- Servers & StorageView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »