Stardock BootSkin 1.05a
- Small download, Simple interface, works a charm
- Not many BootSkins to choose from
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you.
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- 1.05 Carat Princess Cut Diamond 5502.00
Every day it's the same old thing; the black screen and that windows logo day in and day out. But what if you could change your windows load screen? What if there was a way to make it anything your heart desired? Thanks to Stardock there is a safe and easy way to customise your windows boot screen with BootSkin 1.05a.
BootSkin is a tiny program which take no time at all to set up. Once installed you can choose from five preset boot screens or head over to the BootSkin website to choose from a further 25. If you fancy yourself a bit of a designer you can also try your hand at making your own boot screens using the tools provided on the Stardock website.
We found the program extremely easy to use and had no problems downloading the extra skins from the website. However, the skins available are made by the modding community and, as such, they vary in quality. Some are good but many are just variations on skins already made available. With the right know-how involving graphic design, this would be a supremely useful program.
Since BootSkin doesn't change the Windows XP system files to accomplish its task, it is completely safe to use. We changed the boot screen ten times in a row and had no problems whatsoever.
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you. Although there aren't many skin choices on their website, it is still a great idea which has been executed well.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Windows 10 growth slows, but breaks 100M device mark
- Google Photos’ big, helpful Android update goes live
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Tim Cook on Apple and Microsoft partnership: 'It's what customers want'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW