WoW Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse
WoW Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse review: An expensive gaming mouse for World of Warcraft fanatics
- Solidly built, pimp-tastic disco-ball lighting effects, pretty much idiot-roof customisation within WoW, amazing potential
- Hefty price tag, some might think it looks a little tacky
If you are a serious, dedicated WoW gamer, you probably already own a specialised mouse; after all, a regular boring mouse just doesn't offer enough features to help you maximize your time in Azeroth. But if you're still resting your hand on a boring, three button hunk of junk, or if you're starting to wonder if it's time to upgrade your existing MMO mouse, take a closer look at the SteelSeries World of Warcraft Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse, a peripheral as useful as its name is long.
Price$ 141.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
The WoW Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse is a seriously pimpin' mouse designed specifically to work with World of Warcraft. It obviously works like a normal mouse, but its main shtick is that it interfaces with the World of Warcraft game and enables players to very easily set up their mouse -- which boasts 14 fully customisable buttons -- in a way that is completely personalised to their playstyle.
Is it worth buying? As a hardcore WoW player, I'd say yes. If your gaming time equates to multiple hours a week, investing in a controller that boosts reaction times by cutting down on keyboard button presses and potential targeting issues, and literally adds a ton of new one-button macro tricks to your repertoire is worth the admittedly steep price of admission.
It's incredibly easy to set up and use, and you're able to generate a phenomenal amount of different profiles for virtually every kind of gameplay condition. I used it most extensively for PvP, and it definitely helped transform my game. I'm doing things like hover-over, one-button macro casting, picking people out of a crowd under duress to deliver what I need while still having "spare" fingers to activate secondary spells to escape from gankage. Woot!
The fact that I know that if I went back to my regular mouse, it would be a detriment to my current game, is pretty much testament to this product's effectiveness. But that power certainly comes at a price. How much is it and where can I get one?
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Intel's Skylake vPro chips will support Windows 7 after all
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- The first PC hardware based on Intel's itty-bitty new mini-STX motherboards appear
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW