First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
WoW Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse
WoW Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse review: An expensive gaming mouse for World of Warcraft fanatics
- Solidly built, pimp-tastic disco-ball lighting effects, pretty much idiot-roof customisation within WoW, amazing potential
- Hefty price tag, some might think it looks a little tacky
If you are a serious, dedicated WoW gamer, you probably already own a specialised mouse; after all, a regular boring mouse just doesn't offer enough features to help you maximize your time in Azeroth. But if you're still resting your hand on a boring, three button hunk of junk, or if you're starting to wonder if it's time to upgrade your existing MMO mouse, take a closer look at the SteelSeries World of Warcraft Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse, a peripheral as useful as its name is long.
Price$ 141.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
The WoW Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse is a seriously pimpin' mouse designed specifically to work with World of Warcraft. It obviously works like a normal mouse, but its main shtick is that it interfaces with the World of Warcraft game and enables players to very easily set up their mouse -- which boasts 14 fully customisable buttons -- in a way that is completely personalised to their playstyle.
Is it worth buying? As a hardcore WoW player, I'd say yes. If your gaming time equates to multiple hours a week, investing in a controller that boosts reaction times by cutting down on keyboard button presses and potential targeting issues, and literally adds a ton of new one-button macro tricks to your repertoire is worth the admittedly steep price of admission.
It's incredibly easy to set up and use, and you're able to generate a phenomenal amount of different profiles for virtually every kind of gameplay condition. I used it most extensively for PvP, and it definitely helped transform my game. I'm doing things like hover-over, one-button macro casting, picking people out of a crowd under duress to deliver what I need while still having "spare" fingers to activate secondary spells to escape from gankage. Woot!
The fact that I know that if I went back to my regular mouse, it would be a detriment to my current game, is pretty much testament to this product's effectiveness. But that power certainly comes at a price. How much is it and where can I get one?
Latest News Articles
- Google invites Glass wearers to brave LA's beaches
- Telerik frees HTML5 collection of components
- Space X rocket en route to ISS with space laser cargo
- AMD steers clear of low-cost tablet market
- Experts: Avoid big mistakes with Oracle's Exadata
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Top 5 reasons to hate the Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Five flaws in Samsung Galaxy S5's TouchWiz
- 5 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?